Burke County Public Schools
Augmentative and Alternative Communication
We are here to inspire and guide you as you support your students' ability to access communication and academic instruction.
Mission Statement: The BCPS Assistive Technology Department supports universally designed instructional intervention strategies, tools, and training to maximize learning outcomes and decrease educational barriers of students with disabilities.
The Assistive Technology Team will:
· assess student’s assistive technology needs
· Recommend tools and strategies that support student performance
· provide training opportunities and ongoing support for students, families and staff
· maintain current knowledge in best practice strategies, tools and services
· collaborate with other departments and teams to ensure student needs are met
We provide assessments, evaluations, equipment, software, professional development, instructional guidance to pre-k through high school in the BCPS system.
We work closely and collaborate with other departments to ensure students, teachers, and schools receive technology, strategies, coaching, and anything else we can help with!
The Communication Bill of Rights: