Mr. Styles' Class
Welcome to my new website! Over the course of the 2018-2019 school year, we will be adding portions of this website designed by our class. I strongly encourage you to follow our class on Instagram to see more about what we are doing on a day-by-day basis!
Welcome to 5th Grade! 2018-2019
Welcome to Mr. Styles’ class! 5th Grade is the best grade ever and I think you will love it. We are going to have a fantastic year learning a lot about our world. There will be coding, research, space, Westward Expansion, and some fun field trips as well!
Before we can get started, you do have a few things that you need to do this summer:
- Read at least three books. If you are able, make at least one of them a book from Dorothy’s List. Fletcher Free Library has about eight copies of each DCF book!
- Let me know what books you read and how you liked them.
- Practice some Math with the awesome games at http://gregtangmath.com/. Be sure to play Kakooma because it is pretty fun.
Be sure to check the "About Me" page for the answers to your questions!
Parents: as you get ready for school over the summer, I would appreciate it if you could get these supplies for the year:
- Wide-ruled notebook paper (3 packs)
- A plastic or poly folder to use for papers that go between home and school
- If your child wants specially designed composition notebooks, we will be using 4 books this year. (Please do not send spiral notebooks or binders)
- Additional packs of wide-ruled notebook paper.
- Band-Aids (no designs)
- Pencils (Dixon/Ticonderoga pencils sharpen reliably)
Our fifth grade makes heavy use of Google Apps for Education, specifically Google Docs and Google Classroom. Most mobile devices and computers can access these programs. Additionally, Google Classroom can be downloaded from the App Store for iOS devices or from the Google Play Store for Android devices.
Thank you and have a great summer!