Longfellow Elementary Music
For grade-level information, please click on the appropriate grade-level tab!
We are so lucky to have many opportunities to explore the arts in Bozemen and the surrounding area. Here is a link to a new Performing Arts Publication put out by the Bozeman Daily Chronicle.
Get out and enjoy the arts in Bozeman!
Longfellow Elementary Music Department Mission Statement:
The mission of the Longfellow Elementary Music Department, a dedicated ensemble of caring and creative professionals, is to instill in all students:
- A lasting enjoyment, appreciation, understanding and love of music
- Positive character traits and skills necessary for life-long success and
- The desire to celebrate and respect diversity.
We will ensure this by:
- Providing opportunities to perform, listen, interpret, and express vocal and instrumental music, individually and in ensembles
- Teaching students to read, write and create music
- Immersing students in the study of a wide variety of musical genres
- Understanding our students’ individualized needs and
- Creating nurturing environments which include leadership and mentoring opportunities that build a sense of empowerment.