Mrs. Gilpin's Kindergarten
· Meadowlark Fall Carnival Oct. 27th 5:30pm
· Classroom Halloween Party Tuesday, Oct. 31st 2:15-3:15
· Nov. 7th – Hearing Screenings
· Nov. 10th Veterens Day Assembly
· Nov. 15th Turkeys in Disguise Due (family project, information forthcoming)
· Nov. 17th - 50th Day of School
o Kings, Queens & Kinders
o PAC Movie Night
· Nov. 21st (Day before Thanksgiving Break) Teddy Bear Picnic: Wear pjs and bring a favorite stuffed animal
· Nov. 22nd, 23rd ,24th - Thanksgiving Break- NO SCHOOL: HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY!
· Nov. 27th – PIR Day: NO SCHOOL K-12
Nov. 30th – Scholastic Book Order Due: Books make great gifts. Let me know if you want to pick up your books instead of your child seeing them and bringing them home.
MEET Mrs. Gilpin
- I love green!
- I am left-handed.
- I am from Canada.
- I have a cat.
- I love fruits and vegetables and chocolate.
- I love to hike and camp with my family.
- I play the piano and am learning to play the ukelele.
This is my fourth year as a kindergarten teacher here at Meadowlark. I am thrilled to be a teacher and absolutely love what I do!
For many years I was a stay-at-home Mom to my four amazing children (Julia 16, Tyler 14, Ethan 13, and Jacob 10), returning to school and work once they all started school themselves. I graduated with top honors December 2013 from MSU with a Bachelors of Science in Education and a Teaching Reading Minor. Go Bobcats!
Committed to lifelong learning, I look forward to pursuing a masters degree in the future. I am passionate about literacy and early childhood education that includes music and movement!
Some of my favorite hobbies are to bike, hike and camp with my family. Last summer I tried zip lining for my first time. I was pretty scared and it was hard to try something new, but I did it! I love to garden, eat good food and especially enjoy READING!
Take a peek at our classroom!