Mrs. Gilpin's Kindergarten
* 10/18-10/19- No School for MEA Teacher Training Days
* 10/26- Meadowlark Fall Carnival This is a fun evening of games, costumes, and entertainment for the whole family. Each grade level puts together a basket that is part of the raffle that's held at the carnival. Kindergarten's basket theme is “A Night Out." We are looking for items that could be used for parents to have a fun night out. Basket donations are due by October 24th and can be dropped off to the classroom. I have a donation box already to go. For those of you wanting to help, here is the link to sign up for an item that will go in the basket for the raffle. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f45a5aa2ca4ff2-20186
* 10/31 Classroom Halloween Party from 2:30-3:15 https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0449acad2ea6f49-class
- Early Release on Fridays at 2:10pm
MEET Mrs. Gilpin
- I love green!
- I am left-handed.
- I am from Canada.
- I have a cat.
- I love fruits and vegetables and chocolate.
- I love to hike and camp with my family.
- I play the piano and am learning to play the ukelele.
This is my fifth year as a kindergarten teacher here at Meadowlark. I am thrilled to be a teacher and absolutely love what I do!
For many years I was a stay-at-home Mom to my four amazing children (Julia 17, Tyler 15, Ethan 14, and Jacob 11), returning to school and work once they all started school themselves. I graduated with top honors December 2013 from MSU with a Bachelors of Science in Education and a Teaching Reading Minor. Go Bobcats!
Committed to lifelong learning, I look forward to pursuing a masters degree in the future. I am passionate about literacy and early childhood education that includes music and movement!
Some of my favorite hobbies are to bike, hike and camp with my family. Last summer I tried zip lining for my first time. I was pretty scared and it was hard to try something new, but I did it! I love to garden, eat good food and especially enjoy READING!
Take a peek at our classroom!