Orchestra Festival is quickly approaching. We will be sending home more information soon. Please mark your calendars for April 25th and 26th. Wednesday, April 25th will be our Festival at Chief Joseph Middle School. Our performance will be April 26th at Bozeman High School.
Here is some important information for parents and students:
- Permission slips need to be turned in as soon as possible
- Students will ride a bus to Chief Joseph Middle School 4/25/18 from school. Sectionals will begin once students have arrived.
- Students need to bring a bottle of water. A light snack will be provided.
- Students will be playing outside at break times, they need to dress appropriately.
- Cellos need a rock-stop, belt, or something similar. If they don't have one of these, their cellos will slip on the gym floor.
- Please pick up your child at 5:00 at Chief Joseph Middle School.
- On Thursday, April 26th, please arrive with your child between 6:15 and 6:30. There are a lot of instruments that need to be tuned by just a couple teachers. Arriving early also gives you a better chance of having a good parking place and seat in the gym.
- Students are to "dress nicely" for this performance.
We are in great need of volunteers for the 25th and 26th. Please use the link below to volunteer.
Here are links to listen to the music that we will be performing at this event. It is important for students to listen to these recordings, this helps them to know how the music fits together, playing style, and helps them to play music in tune.
The Students have requested that we add some links to drum beats to be used for practicing at home. Here are some links for them to use when practicing their music at home. This can be very helpful to practicing, as it helps students to maintain a good tempo.
Drum Beat 70 BPM (Beats per minute) - New World Symphony Performance Tempo
Drum Beat 90 BPM - Double Stop March Performance Tempo
Drum Beat 100 BPM - Dragon Slayer Performance Tempo
Drum Beat 120 BPM - Impulse Performance Tempo (this might be performed closer to 100-110)