Ms. Annette Rivera Mrs.Fulbia Garcia Mrs. Belinda Daige
Ms. Annette Rivera
arivera@ bridgehampton.k12.ny.us Extra Help - Thursdays 2:45-3-30
Mrs. Fulbia Garcia Ayuda Extra - Jueves 2:45-3:30
Mrs. Belinda Daige
Phone Number 1(631) 537 -0271
The New York State Tests have begun!
Phew! We got through the New York State E.L.A. and Math tests. Next, is the New York State Science Test. The Practical part of the Science Test will take place on Thursday, May 24, 2018 and the written part of the Science Test will take place on Monday, June 4, 2018. Your child has been provided with a review binder that now only contains review work in Science. He/she is expected to do work in their binder throughout the week. Please check to assure that they have been working in their binders. Thank you so much for your cooperation!
This month in ...
- Reading, we are on Unit 4- Historical Fiction Clubs.
- Writing, we are on Unit 4- Writing About Reading : Literary Essays.
- Math we are working on Multiplying Fractions by Whole Numbers and Relating Fractions and Decimals.
- Science we are studying Energy and Electricity.
- Social Studies we are reading and studying, In Search of Freedom, and New York, A National Leader.
- Students are given Time for Kids Magazines weekly and assignments from the magazines. (Usually on weekends) Please sign their completed assignments.
- The students are expected to read every night for 30 minutes and must log in their time on their sheet. The sheet needs to be initialed by a parent or guardian.
- We would like to encourage children to view educational programs on television whenever possible (ex. History Channel, Discovery Channel).
Engage your children in conversations!
Fridays are great days to ask your child to tell you about important or interesting facts or lessons they have learned about in school during the week!
Fourth Grade Classroom Expectations
- Students are expected to treat each other with respect and kindness.
- Students are expected to listen to and follow directions.
- Students are expected to work and play in a safely manner.
- Students are expected to complete all of their assignments neatly and on time.
- Students are always expected to do their best and maintain a positive attitude.
Scope and Sequence