Brazos County Democratic Party is seeking a volunteer coordinator. Contact chair TC Langford (email@example.com) if you are interested.
Brazos County Democratic Party
Overall functional objective:
- Develop and maintain a list of volunteer opportunities and regularly update volunteers to undertake them.
Volunteer contact, assignments, and retention
- Welcome new volunteers by email or telephone or both.
- Recognize volunteer requests and skills in assigning volunteers to appropriate duties
- At each BCDP monthly meeting, keep a clipboard with volunteer signup sheet on sign-in table.
Maintain list of activities for which volunteers are needed, through info from
- Contact with party chair,executive committee and/or other party members;
- Facebook page - Democratic Activists of the Brazos Valley, and the Brazosdems.org webpage;
- Donkey Updates;
- Brazos County Democratic Party monthly meeting(s); and
- Associated groups’ volunteer needs: TX-17 Indivisible, BIIN, BCS Community Coalition
Appoint and supervise volunteer area coordinators and coordinate volunteer needs with them bimonthly.
- DVR managers
- Newsletter editor
- Special event managers (Labor Day Celebration, parties, gatherings)
- Biannually, email survey to active and inactive volunteers to gage interest and seek input.
Coordinate with webmaster
- Receive names and contact info for new volunteers from Brazosdems.org website
- Update and organize list of opportunities and party volunteer needs
- Communicate any changes to BrazosDems.org webmaster for Volunteer form