Labor Day rally and celebration
Josh Wilkinson and Rick Kennedy
Karen Hillier at voter registration table
Centro de Derechos Laborales
Elsa Marquez, Benito Olvera, and Alicia Olvera
Linda Salitros and Alena Kang-Landsberg
Nicole Galluci and Janet Atkins, KEOS-FM radio
Brazos County Democratic Party
Overall functional objective:
- Develop and maintain a list of volunteer opportunities and regularly update volunteers to undertake them.
Volunteer contact, assignments, and retention
- Welcome new volunteers by email or telephone or both.
- Recognize volunteer requests and skills in assigning volunteers to appropriate duties
- At each BCDP monthly meeting, keep a clipboard with volunteer signup sheet on sign-in table.
Maintain list of activities for which volunteers are needed, through info from
- Contact with party chair,executive committee and/or other party members;
- Facebook page - Democratic Activists of the Brazos Valley, and the Brazosdems.org webpage;
- Donkey Updates;
- Brazos County Democratic Party monthly meeting(s); and
- Associated groups’ volunteer needs: TX-17 Indivisible, BIIN, BCS Community Coalition
Appoint and supervise volunteer area coordinators and coordinate volunteer needs with them bimonthly.
- DVR managers
- Newsletter editor
- Special event managers (Labor Day Celebration, parties, gatherings)
- Biannually, email survey to active and inactive volunteers to gage interest and seek input.
Coordinate with webmaster
- Receive names and contact info for new volunteers from Brazosdems.org website
- Update and organize list of opportunities and party volunteer needs
- Communicate any changes to BrazosDems.org webmaster for Volunteer form