Mrs. Ryan's Guidance Page
Welcome to my Guidance Page!
My name is Mrs. Ryan and I am so excited to be one of the new counselors here at Branchburg Central Middle School. If you (or your child) is assigned to the sixth grade Trailblazers, seventh grade Pathfinders, or the eighth grade Innovators team, I will be your counselor!
I would like to share a little bit about myself. I am a graduate from the University of Pennsylvania with a master’s degree in Social Work , and from The College of New Jersey with an Educational Specialist degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. Prior to coming to BCMS, I was the school counselor at both Whiton and Old York Schools. I am looking forward to seeing some familiar faces at BCMS! During my free time, I enjoy spending time with my three daughters, Emma, Kiara and Alanna, my husband, Jim and our dog, Lucy, as well as hiking, gardening and reading.
Please feel free to stop by to say hello; I love to get to know my students and parents.
Some fun facts about me:
My favorite snack: popcorn
My favorite animal: dog
My favorite car: Jeep Wrangler (in red!)
- In college, I studied abroad in New South Wales, Australia.
- I won a “Long Beard” Contest which earned me a trip for two to Ireland.
- My husband and I literally built our house together.
I look forward to meeting you!
Below I have posted some videos that I have found interesting as well as some community resources that I hope will be useful to you. Please take a look!
And, please follow us on Twitter @BCMS_Guidance
WHERE ARE YOU HEADED AFTER MIDDLE SCHOOL?
Somerville High School
Somerset County Vocational School
- Academy for Health and Medical Services Application deadline is February 14, 2018 Mandatory parent and student information sessions on the following dates, starting at 6:00 pm: Th, October 26, Th.,November 16, Th., January 11, Th., January 18, Monday, February 5, with an application deadline of February 14, 2018. For more information click here
- MEAM Program Application is available on-line in October, 2018
- Dance Program Application is due November 1, 2018
- *NEW DATE: Somerville High School Open House moved from November 20 to January 17 @ 6:30 p.m.
Students interested in attending private school after BCMS must bring a signed Transcript Release Form and submit it to the Guidance Department. This form will be provided to you by the school you are applying to.
Give teacher recommendation forms to teachers with a stamped envelope addressed to the school you are applying to, or provide the on-line recommendation link to teachers. Please give teachers at least 2 weeks to complete recommendations.