Mrs. McClard's Music Classroom
Welcome to Mrs. McClard's Music Classroom! From this page, you should be able to find dates for concerts, singer/ringer pages, concert information and directions on how to access the amazing Quaver Music website! I hope it is helpful to you!
Resources for At-Home Music Instruction
Go to the Clever Portal and click on the Special Area website. It will have more updated activities and information for distance learning.
Quaver Music Instruction
Quaver is the a web-based music curriculum that I use in class on a regular basis. I will be assigning lessons over the next few weeks based on grade level on the site. Students can also explore the site for endless activities.
So first, here's how to get to Quaver. Just click on the Quaver icon in the Clever portal. If your computer doesn't allow flash, your student can do most of the assignments "without flash". However, they might just need to go through the process of allowing flash. We do this all the time in class. Here are the steps:
- Click "with flash"
- A little red icon will show up on the right side of the address bar. Click on it.
- Choose "manage"
- Click the first switch that says "block sites from running flash". It will change to blue and say "ask first".
- Exit out of that tab.
- Click on "with flash" again. A tab will pop on the top left corner. Click "allow".
- You should now see Quaver Street. You're in!!
This is the ONLY way for your student to access Quaver. It WILL NOT work to simply type the address into the search bar. They are registered through the school.
Your student knows how to explore, but let me give a reminder of how to get to the assignments I will give.
The directions are as follows:
- Find the "student" tab at the base of the sidewalk. Click on it.
- Select "assignments".
- There will be a list of assignments high-lighted in pink. The main assignment for the week will also have the date listed.
- Select "launch". Go through the assignment page by page. Click the "instructions" button at the bottom left to navigate the page.
- When the assignment is complete, it will be high-lighted in green.
These are the lessons we would be working on if we were in school (for the most part). They are all tied the the National Music Standards. They will love it!
Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
John Jacobson Choreography
John Jacobson is one of the most talented musicians/composers/choreographers I have ever met! Yes! I met him a few years ago and got to sit in on some exciting learning sessions with him! He is every elementary music teacher's friend with endless resources. Over the years, he has taken several popular songs, arranged them with his unique style and added dance moves. Do your kids need to move? This is sure to get their wiggles out and keep them entertained. Here's the info you need:
- Simply type in https://www.halleonard.com/jjw2019 Or click the link here. I think it will work.
- Find the title you are interested in and click "video" on the right.
- You can select a different year by changing it in the address. You can select from 2012-2019.