Event Schedules & Itineraries
Band Camp Info:
Dear HS Band Parents and Students,
I hope this information finds you healthy and happy. This is our plan of action and safety for the upcoming band camp and marching season. Please read all of the information. If needed, please email me with questions or concerns. This information could change due to unforeseen changes in the health climate of the district. If there are pertinent changes, I will send new information via email. Please join our Remind group by texting @bolbands to 81010.
Our camp will be Aug 3-7 and Aug 10-14. Lunch will be 12-1pm everyday. Food/drink is not provided. Please have a water bottle and sunscreen, the water fountains could still be off limits but the water fill station should be operational.
Here is the schedule:
----Week 1----Aug 3-7
9-12 - Leadership Only, Drum Majors, All section leaders and seniors (drill reading, drum major share/camp training)
Directors expectations, teaching marching and music fundamentals, Theme Days and Team Building.
1-4 - Freshman and Section Leaders (marching instruction, drill chart reading)
Expectations-calendar, behavior, two week notice, home game and contests importance, inst checkout, intro section leaders and emphasize hierarchy.
Marching basics & music, b&g wup, anthem, show music, play mvmt 1.
Tuesday & Wednesday
8-12 - Freshman and Section Leaders
Review day one.
1-4 - Colorguard/Drumline Camp (warm up, fight song, cadence)
Thursday & Friday
8am-12pm Full Band
8-10 Marching Fundamentals (MTW Intro Song 1 on Thursday)
10:15 - 12 Music
1pm-4pm - Drill and Music
----Week 2----Aug 10-14
8-12 Full Band Everyday
3-4 Full Band/Guard Sectional
4-6 Monday-Thurs - Uniform Fitting by Class seniors first
Classroom/Rehearsal SAFETY PLAN
I know that there are health safety concerns due to Covid-19. Here is our plan to minimize risks. If a family member or your child is feeling ill, please take the precautionary measure of staying home and email me so that we know where that student is.
- Masks are not required, however students may wear masks when we are not playing wind instruments. Percussion and Color Guard may wear one at all times if needed. Please supply your own mask. We will have some if needed, but I do not know when they will be arriving, but they are ordered.
- There will be no sharing of instruments. Percussion instruments and flag poles will be wiped down when possible. We will have mouthpiece sanitizer spray at hand when needed. Each musician will be expected to help sanitize their equipment as needed.
- We will employ social distancing when possible. If students or parents have concerns about distancing, we can build an alternate line in the marching show to supply that distance request. Please email me if your student is needing strict spacing requirements.
- At this time, temperature checks will happen at the beginning of each day.
- We plan to do games and have social time to build the band family culture, please have your student aware of their limitations during this down time. Team building is a vital part of the band and we need everyone participating as much as possible.
- All safety plans will continue into the school year as needed.
EARLY BAND Expectations:
When the school year begins we will have “early band” at 7 am, only on the days we have band class. Band is a co-curricular activity and full participation in early band is expected of every band member. Early band attendance expectations are the same as athletic extracurricular activities. We are a team and it takes everyone to make a successful band. Tardies and absences from early band will negatively impact the rest of our team.
Booster Meeting (tentative):
The Band Booster Board and I would like to have an all band parent meeting to discuss the booster organization and plans. When I can get a time and place, I will email those details then. We plan to do this once school is back in session. Thank you to all of you who have helped with band events and fundraisers in the past. Together we can ensure a successful year and future for our Bolivar Band students.