APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR PRIORITY CONSIDERATION* IN UPCOMING COHORT: February 2
EdD Application Guidebook
- Please note that the Ed.D. Admissions Guidebook for any given cohort will be updated before the application window. Please be sure that the dates in the guidebook align with the cohort year to which you seek to apply. This helps ensure that all materials meet the expected requirements.
2019 Cohort Application Deadlines
- Nov. 2, 2018: for early consideration; see Guidebook for more details
- Feb. 2, 2019: priority deadline for regular application cycle review
- After Feb. 2, 2019: applications completed after the Feb. 2 deadline will be considered if places remain in the upcoming cohort
We admit new students for cohorts that begin in the summer of each year. Our cohorts range in size from approximately 10 to 16 students depending on the capacity of our faculty to advise. Gaining admission to the Ed.D. program in Educational Technology at Boise State University very competitive; it is common to have many dozens of applications for the few spots that are available.
We consider applications from a wide variety of prospective students. While what is listed below are not requirements, applications that are generally considered to be the most competitive (attractive) are from applicants who have:
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00
- A graduate GPA of at least 3.50
- GRE scores (in each of the three areas) in the 33rd percentile or above
- An educational and professional background in educational technology or a closely related field
- Outstanding recommendations, at least one of which can speak to the applicant's academic promise
- A well-composed cover letter that, among other things, clearly communicates the applicant's research interest(s) as they relate to pursuits of current faculty