From the Principal's Desk
From the Principal’s Desk
I would like to take this time to reflect on various things I have to be thankful for as the Principal at Timberline High. So here goes...
I am thankful for:
- The wonderful parents who came to our Parent/Teacher Conferences and stood in line to meet their student’s teachers and discuss their student’s first quarter report cards. It was great to see so many of you. We are trying to find ways to make conferences work better but we have added about 300 students to our overall student population in the last 3 years so it is tough to do.
- The Timberline Parent Organization who provided dinner for the teachers and administration right before the conferences each night. On those nights the staff was here from about 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. The dinners were greatly appreciated.
- Our great teaching staff who did such a good job during the conferences. I heard so many positive comments from our parents.
- The office staff and custodians who quickly transformed the cafeteria and small gym into teacher stations in order to pull these conferences off.
- The new addition that was made possible by passing the last Bond Election. The Art and Science rooms are working out wonderfully and I really have no idea how we would have survived without it.
- Our Fall athletes and coaches who had such great seasons and represented Timberline, their families, and our community so well throughout the fall season.
- Our Marching Band, led by Jose Rodriguez, that has won about every award you can win during their Fall competitions. This year’s group is really filling our trophy cases! We are extremely proud of our Marching Band. They are phenomenal.
I am sure there are many other things I could have included but I needed to stop somewhere. It is a great time to be at Timberline. We are growing and getting stronger as a school. Please remember if you ever have a question or concern involving your student please call or stop in. Parents are always welcome.