FDU Middle College Program
Middle College Information and Facts
- The Middle College Program can give you college credit and/or advanced standing.
- The tuition cost for the 2019-2020 academic year is $267.00 per three-credit course and $89.00 per one-credit course. [One-credit course applies only to the Tomorrow's Teachers Program optional Field Experience I component.]
- Courses taken through the Middle College Program may be used for elective credits to meet college graduation requirements.
- You may list courses taken at Fairleigh Dickinson University as college courses on most college applications. It will be at the discretion of the receiving institution to accept or deny these courses.
- A note for students who have successfully participated in the Middle College Program and elect to enroll at Fairleigh Dickinson University (FDU): In some cases Middle College Program credits may transfer in as elective credit, and not credits in a student's major area. While all course credits are accepted by FDU as transfer credits, the equivalencies for these courses and how they will transfer is evaluated on a course-by-course basis. This generally applies to most colleges and universities to which you may apply to.
- The student must receive a final grade of “C” or better in order to receive the three college credits from Fairleigh Dickinson University for the course.
- In most cases, a maximum amount of twelve college credits may be accrued while in high school.
- If you plan on taking an AP Exam, you can also participate in the Middle College Program.
- At the conclusion of the academic year, your teacher will submit your final grade for your Middle College course(s) to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Your grade will be recorded on an official transcript. You may request your transcript online by visiting the University's online transcript request service.
What is the FDU Middle College Program?
FDU's Middle College program gives college-bound juniors and seniors the opportunity to experience university-style learning before they even graduate high school.
Qualifying students are high school juniors and seniors in advanced and honors sections in subjects such as literature, science, art, mathematics and other courses. Founded in 1984, the Middle College program is now affiliated with more than 100 high schools throughout New Jersey, providing over 2800 students the opportunity to get a jump start on their college education.
For further information please call 201-692-6504 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current FDU Middle College offerings at Bogota
1. AP English Lit
2. AP US History
3. AP Psychology
4. AP Statistics
5. AP Bio
6. Pre Calculus
7. Calculus Honors
8. Elements of College Algebra Honors
9. Anatomy & Physiology Honors (Bio II according to FDU)