Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 20m/66 feet!
This program teaches fundamental freediving techniques for comfortable enjoyment in the aquatic world to depths of 20m/66ft. You will also practice Static Apnea to help develop your breath-holding abilities and in-water comfort.
Your PFI Freediver course will cover fundamental topics such as:
• Essential safety procedures for breath-holding at Freediver Level
• Proper breathing techniques for freediving and snorkeling
• Confined water skill development i.e. Static Apnea
• Open water skill development i.e. technique for deep diving
• Equalization for deep diving
• Equipment for freediving and snorkeling
• The fundamental physics and physiology of freediving to understand what happens to your body at depth
Learn to freedive down to a maximum depth of 40m/132 feet!
The PFI Intermediate Freediver course instructs competent and comfortable freedivers in essential safety and problem management for breath-hold diving, with a high emphasis on proper technique development. This program also includes details on training and equipment for diving to depths of 40 meters/132 feet. Instructors will cover the following topics:
- Intermediate Safety and Buddy Procedures
- Proper Ventilation for Gas Saturation and Volume
- Equipment for Performance Freediving
- Psychological Aspects of Freediving
- Detailed Physics and Physiology of Freediving
- Confined-Water Static Apnea Development
- Open-Water Constant Ballast Development
- Techniques for Intermediate Freediving