May 2018 - Renewing/Creating NY Times Subscription
Please follow the directions at the right to renew your education subscription, secured by the HS Library, to the NY Times Digital Edition and Libraries of Resources, or to create the account.
Use your District Email address: staff use @bloomfield.k12.nj.us; students use @edu.bloomfield.k12.nj.us.
Thanks to Karah Iansito of the HS Library!
NY Times Archive of Old Newspapers - In Their Entirety
For those who complete their registration, here is a link to the NY Times "Times Machine," a repository of old newspapers, from 50 to 130 years old, in their entirety, including old news stories,advertisements, editorials, as well as front pages.
On-Line Subscription Available to Bloomfield Staff & Students As of 4/28/2017
Through the initiative of Mrs. Angela Langan in the HS, all students in grades 6 through 12 and all faculty and staff can have access to the daily, online version of the NY Times, from anywhere, on almost any device.
Students and staff must activate their subscriptions through their District email accounts (i.e., @bloomfield.k12.nj.us for staff and @edu.bloomfield.k12.nj.us for students). Follow the directions below.
TO CLAIM YOUR SUBSCRIPTION:
• Visit nytimes.com/passes
• Click 'Create Account' and create a free NYTimes.com account using your school email address (@bloomfield.k12.nj.us or @edu.bloomfield.k12.nj.us).
• Check your email inbox and click on the link in your confirmation message to validate your email address and claim your Academic Pass.
• Please note that you may receive two (2) emails in your Inbox: the first is a confirmation, and you must click the link to confirm your email address. The second email is an introduction with some of the features of the subscription. Do not fail to click the confirmation email to activate the subscription.
• Download your free NYT smartphone apps at nytimes.com/mobile, including the NYT Now app for iPhone®, giving you a quick look at all the day’s top stories.
HAVING A PROBLEM:
• If the confirmation email didn’t arrive, check your spam folder. If it isn’t there, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from your school email address to request confirmation.
• Other questions? Visit nytimes.com/passes to view our Frequently Asked Questions.
TO NOTE REGARDING THE SUBSCRIPTION:
- It runs only for one year, and will expire on May 1, 2018.
- Renewal should be automatic, through the above process, using your District email account.