Academic and Career Planning
What is ACP?
"Academic and Career Planning, or ACP, is a student-driven, adult-supported process in which students create and cultivate their own unique and information-based visions for post secondary success, obtained through self-exploration, career exploration, academic planning and the development of career management and planning skills." Academic and Career Planning is an integral piece of the School District of Bloomer's comprehensive school counseling program. Beginning in Kindergarten through grade 12, teachers in every subject area make connections with students and help guide them through the stages of finding a career plan that is the best fit for them. It starts early with students knowing their strengths and interests. Throughout the process family, community, businesses, and other caring adults are also involved in helping each student reach their goals. This is a team approach and involves the following:
An ongoing process to actively engage students to:
- develop an understanding of his or herself
- create a vision of his or her future
- develop individual goals
- prepare a personal plan for achieving the vision and goals
A product that documents and reflects students’:
- coursework, learning and assessment results
- post-secondary plans aligned to career goals & financial reality
- record of college and career readiness skills.
Source - https://dpi.wi.gov/acp