Welcome to the BHS School Counseling website!
There are three counselors at the high school who see all students through classroom lessons but split the student body by alphabet for individual monitoring. Please feel free to contact them at any time with questions regarding your child or the BHS School Counseling Program.
Omaha Area College Fair
• April 14, 2019, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
• Sapp Fieldhouse - UNO, 6001 Dodge Street, Omaha, Nebraska 68182
This free event will feature colleges across the state, region, and country to help you find the right fit.
Before you attend:
– Register for a barcode at NebraskaCollegeFairs.org
– Review these questions to ask college representatives
– View a list of participating colleges
Senior Scholarship Reminder- Seniors, remember to bring in copies of scholarships you have been awarded to the school counseling office. We must have something in writing from the school/organization on file in order to be recognized at graduation. Awarded scholarship letters can be emailed directly to Ms. Sass at firstname.lastname@example.org or brought into the school counseling office but must be done no later than, Friday, May 3, 2019 to be included.
GSK is pleased to announce that its Lincoln, NE work site is recruiting for an Automation Technician Apprentice!
GSK’s Apprentice Program offers 1st year college-enrolled students, and recent or upcoming high school graduates, the chance to begin a career with a leader in the global healthcare industry. Program benefits include:
- An entry-level opportunity to train and work with skilled industry professionals while earning an hourly wage, yearly increases, time-off with pay, a comprehensive healthcare plan, and more. Apprentices receive an hourly pay rate while attending college and working at the site.
- The chance to study towards an Associate’s degree at Southeast Community College in Electronics System Technology, fully funded upfront by GSK – NO College Debt!
- A program of personal development which may include international travel.
- All apprentices who complete the Program will receive a “Certificate of Completion” from the Department of Labor. The Program is registered with the state of Nebraska.
We are currently accepting applications through mid-April 2019, to fill 1 Automation Technician apprenticeship.
- An overview of the GSK’s Apprentice Program and the Automation Technician apprentice role can be found on GSK’s website Apprenticeships | GSK. It is recommended that students take a close look at the site, and consult with their parents, caregivers, or educators before applying, to be sure they are truly interested in these 4-year Programs.
- The link to apply to the apprenticeships in Lincoln, NE can be found on GSK’s Apprentice Program web site under “our programs”. For convenience, CLICK HERE for the direct link to apply.
Candidates must meet the “Basic Qualifications” outlined in the job description to be eligible for consideration of the role.
- A video on GSK’s Apprentice Program can be found by way of this link https://youtu.be/E_crkt27JyQ
If you are a technical minded, recent high school graduate with ambition to develop the know-how to design and maintain systems we need to make treatments that save lives, it could be that GSK’s Apprentice Program is the right career path for you!
IS&T High School Internships: Applications Are Now Open!
In high school? Love technology? Looking for a fun summer internship?
Our Summer High School Internship Program will give you an innovative, hands-on experience directly in our labs. You’ll work alongside our faculty and students in areas such as robotics, bioinformatics, software engineering, information assurance, IT innovation, iOS/Droid app development, gaming lab, and others.
You will learn the fun and excitement of scientific research and development activities as well as explore potential careers in IT. Our internship will give you the opportunity to learn new concepts, tools and skills, work on real research and help solve development problems.
Southeast Community College Discovery Days
- SCC Discovery Days will give you the opportunity to experience SCC first-hand and discover for yourself what students and alumni love about Southeast Community College! During SCC Discovery Days, you'll receive answers to your questions about a variety of topics, including our Programs of Study, how to pay for college, support services, housing, and activities. You also will take a campus tour. There is no cost to attend, and lunch is provided!
Beatrice Campus--April 10, 2019
Lincoln Campus--April 12, 2019
Milford Campus--April 26, 2019
- All Discovery Day events will be from 9:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.; check-in begins at 9:15 a.m.
- Click Here for more information
Children's Hospital & Medical Center-Day in the Life: (Click the heading to access registration.)
Children’s Hospital & Medical Center has developed a new program, free of charge, to introduce high school students to the opportunities available in pediatric health care. Areas included are emergency medicine, nursing, child life, pharmacy, pathology, radiology, rehabilitation services such as physical, occupational and speech therapy, as well as respiratory therapy.
June 4, 2019
September 17, 2019
December 3, 2019
One lucky student will win a $40,000 Scholarship + a bonus $5,000 Tech Package!
Eligible sophomores and juniors that register for the April, June, or July, 2019 US national test date (and opt-in to the giveaway during registration) has a chance to win the scholarship. It’s just that easy! Eligible students may also enter by mail.
Go to act.org/ACTScholarshipGiveaway to learn more.