Reading & Social Studies
We are learning about Text Structures in nonfiction text. Feel free to look over our text structure notes and quiz your child over these!
Students had fun working on a challenging digital breakout on text structures! It was awesome to see all of them working together!
We will finish this unit off with a Jeopardy game!
We are kicking off the 2018 year by reading Wonder! Our students are extremely excited about this! It's a magnificent book that promotes empathy and kindness. We are also incorporating nonfiction articles that go along with the book. I'm hoping they will surprise you when you ask the daily question, "What did you learn today?" During this unit, we will continue to learn about author's purpose, character traits, main idea, theme, compare and contrast, connections, and so much more!
Red Ribbon Week Information October 23-27th:
Red Ribbon Week Daily Dress Themes
Monday: Wear Camo – “Win the War Against Drugs”
Tuesday: Holiday Shirt with standard dress bottoms – “Every Day is a Holiday Without Drugs”
Wednesday: Souvenir Shirt from a Place You Visited – “When You’re Drug-Free, the World is Yours”
Thursday: Star Wars t-shirt with standard dress bottoms – “The Drug-Free Force is With Me”
Friday: Free Dress – “Be Drug Free”
No sleeveless shirts or jerseys, please. Jeans are an option ONLY on Friday. Dressing with the daily themes is optional; students may choose to wear standard dress any day.
Austin Field Trip: Items Due on Tuesday, October 10
- All payments are due on Tuesday, October 10! Students who have only paid $50 deposits, please pay the remaining balance of $35.
- Chaperones will also need to make payment (cash or check) by next Tuesday, October 10 as well.
- There are pink forms coming home in agendas for choice of shirt size and dinner choice options as well as permission to ride charter bus and medical release. Please fill out and return those on Tuesday, October 10.
Global Cardboard Challenge: Friday, October 13.
- Students will be sharing their Cardboard Arcade Games with their peers.
- We have started our Design Thinking Process in class. Students know what they are creating and have made a list of materials they will need.
- Please talk with your child about their materials and send materials with them to school on Tuesday, October 10.
- As you know earbuds/headphones are part of our school supply list. Many students did not start the school year with them or are missing them. Most of the websites or apps we use for instruction require them to use earbuds/headphones. Please check with your child to see if he/she has their's and if not please try to help them out with this. Most dollar stores sell earbuds very cheap. Thank you for supporting us in this request.