You may also pay usage fees at each campus.
Forgot/Don’t Know My Login
If you do not know or have forgotten your Family Access username and password, this document can help you with getting logged in - click the link to view the help document: https://goo.gl/SQ0kUY
In order to provide a more robust program, including enhanced filtering for student devices, BISD charges an annual technology usage fee. The fee schedule is as follows:
- $30 per student per year with a maximum fee of $50 per family
- $15 per student per year for students who qualify and receive reduced school lunch
- $0 per student per year for students who qualify and receive free school lunch
We understand that the beginning of school can be costly for families. If this fee creates a financial hardship, parents may contact their student’s campus for options to assist with payment.
Only students receiving a district issued take-home device will be charged the technology usage fee.
Having piloted a 1:1 environment at several campuses, we understand that damage can and does occur. The follow fee schedule for damage is provided for the 18-19 school year:
- 1st Incident - $0 (unless malicious/purposeful intent or gross negligence is evident)
- 2nd Incident - $30
- 3rd Incident - Full cost of repair or replacement cost of device at fair market value
Parents/guardians accept financial responsibility for costs related to damage due to purposeful action or gross negligence.
- Purposeful action means to act intentionally or with intent to perform a particular act, to act in a particular manner for a specific reason, aim, or design, or a resolution to use a certain means to reach an end.
- Gross negligence is defined as lack of any care or an extreme departure from what a reasonably careful person would do in the same situation to prevent harm to the property.
Parents/guardians may be charged fair market value for a device that is lost/stolen and NOT reported.
Parents/guardians may be charged fair market value for lost/damaged power cords.