What is a Book Fair?
A Book Fair is a celebration of reading that puts the very best books directly into the hands of students, parents and teachers.
Why does BIS have a Book Fair?
- It gives the school a chance to instil a love of reading that lasts a lifetime.
- It is a perfect example of the spirit of cooperation in a school like BIS for parents and teachers to work together to enhance the library collection and celebrate the joy of books and reading.
- The Book Fair gives parents and kids an opportunity to pick out and read books together. This increases the likelihood that they will want to continue reading.
- It gives teachers a chance to see and buy books they might want for their classroom.
You can find a variety of books collection from different vendors. The Book Lists are available under the 'Vendors' tab. Do not forget to make your wish list.
The Library Committee hosts a variety of exciting and engaging Author Talks and workshops. Do visit the 'Author Talks & Workshops' page to view the Author's visiting school.
Families play an important role in how well students do in school. Find information about the importance of cultivating a love for reading. If you're a parent, you may be interested in the 'Dive into Reading' section to support your child's learning. You will find strategies for picking the right book, tips for helping struggling readers at home and resources to facilitate independent reading.
Don't forget to view the Free Printables page to print your own fun bookmarks. They make a great incentive for meeting reading milestones.
Venue - BIS Junior Campus
Date - 30th November & 1st December
Timing - 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Address - 5th Floor - Hall
Bai Bengallee Girls High School Building
42, Sir Vithaldas Thackersey Marg,
What kind of books can be found in the Book Fair?
• The vendors are chosen by the Library Committee ensuring that every book available in the fair is an age-appropriate and worthy buy.
• A selection of books across genres, formats and themes not only in English but in Hindi and Marathi as well.
• Award-winning titles and authors
• A wide range of fiction ranging from classics to latest releases
• Skill builders
• Wide variety of reference books
• Graphic novels
• Books on hobbies, puzzles, games and activity packs
• Books on professional development for educators
Website Creators & Designers
A few students from Grade 5 have taken on a fun yet challenging project since the past week with their ICT teacher, Ms Pooja Bajaj (she is also the Asst PYP Coordinator) guiding them along the way. Reid Kaikini, Ayaan Marshan, Reinaa Mehta, Arya Ravindra, Mira Sen and Aditi Moondhra were part of the team. Using Google Sites, they have created this website for the Book Fair. The students used their design skills to to create an aesthetically pleasing website that is easy to navigate. At first, they struggled to make a website. But gradually, they learned how to navigate and use the various features. They were given complete freedom in how they presented the information on the website. Then it was up to the students to use trial and error to find their design preferences.The students steadily improved the design of their website and are proud to present to you this informative website. Please explore the pages to find out more.
We would like to thank the school's Librarians and all the parents of the Library Committee for organising the Book Fair.
Thank you! We appreciate all the effort you put through to make this happen.
The pictures have been designed by students from Grade 5 as part of a workshop conducted by Pomegranate