The Problem of the week
1. About the problem of the week.
Each Friday the Fall and spring semesters, we will post a problem to encourage undergraduate students to enjoy mathematics outside of the classroom. If you have a solution and want to be a part of it, you may e-mail your solution to Jaiung Jun (email@example.com) by Thursday (a day before new problems). We will post solutions (from us) as well as novel solutions from students and record the names of students who've got the most number of novel solutions throughout each semester.
1. When you submit your answer, please provide some detailed solution rather than just an answer. Also, please include your major and the year you are in so that we can record.
2. The winners of the Problem 1 is now listed. If you don't want your name to be listed on this website, please let me know.
3. A solution for the Problem 2 is now posted. There is no winner for the second problem.
Problem 4 (Mar 17, 2017)
See the problem list below.
The Winners of the Problem 3 (alphabetic order)
The Winners of the Problem 1 (alphabetic order)
1. D.Becevic, 2. D.Green, 3. B.Haddad, 4. D.O'Byne, 5. A.Thornton, 6. J.Yuan