This is us
Both passionate about saving our oceans... and kiteboarding
Both graduated engineers in life sciences at UGent but with different - and complementary - careers
Although it might seem like it on this picture, Bart is not the studious one. He is the master of the equipment here. After more than a decade of messing around with water purification systems and microbial protein production, consider him ready for the Zeebes adventure.
- Specialization in environmental sciences
- 8 years at Keppel-Seghers: water purification
- 4 years at Avecom (UGent spin-off): microbial protein production on waste streams
- Now independent entrepreneur
Bert is less experienced in the technical aspects, but he'll soon catch up. His thirteen years at Durabilis ('Inspire the planet - Happy Food for Everyone') inspired him enough to take the leap and jump into the Zeebes challenge. The product is different, but the philosophy remains the same.
- Specialization in soil and water management
- Master in international business (VLEKHO) and Young Management Programme (Vlerick)
- 13 years at Durabilis: smallholder support | sustainability | HR | organizational development
- Vast international experience