2019 Redcoat Marching Band Camp Dates
Percussion, Color Guard, and Student Leadership - August 14, 15, 16 from 9am-12pm at Berlin High School
Full Membership - August 19-23 from 8am-5pm at Berlin High School
All students enrolled in Band for 2019-2020 are required to attend band camp. Please report conflicts to Mr. Sirois as early as possible.
About Instrumental Music at Berlin High School
It is the mission of the Berlin High School Band program to provide all students with meaningful and memorable experiences in instrumental music that also promote the moral, ethical, and humanitarian characteristics of good people and strong leaders. By performing, creating, and responding to music in school, in their community, and abroad, students will develop the skills necessary for a lifetime of musical involvement, and cultivate transferable skills necessary for success in our global society.
Through individual and collaborative music making experiences, student members of the Berlin High School Band program will:
- Explore and encounter a diverse musical repertoire
- Think flexibly and critically about music, its meaning, and its role in human societies
- Improve individual skill and execution on a musical instrument
- Create and recreate music through performance and rehearsal
- Become independently literate in traditional musical notation and other musical languages
- Learn to model and maintain kind, ethical conduct
- Develop the characteristics of strong, morally conscious leaders