I am currently a postdoc in the Center for Computational Study of Excited-State Phenomena in Energy Materials (C2SEPEM) at the Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (LBL) and UC Berkeley, current working in Steven Louie's group. Starting Jan. 1, 2020, I join the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Stanford as an Assistant Professor.
My research interests are in theoretical and computational condensed matter physics, with emphasis on employing the GW-BSE formalism to predict and explain the optical and electronic properties of materials. For more information, see my full CV.
- Many-body perturbation theory calculations.
- Development of Green's-function-based formalism beyond the GW and GW-BSE approach.
- First-principles calculations and prediction of electronic and optical properties of real materials.
- Electronic and optical properties of quasi-2D materials.
- High-performance scientific software development.
- PhD in Physics, 2017 – UC Berkeley
- Msc in Physics, 2010 – Univ. Fed. do Rio Grande do Sul
- Bsc in Physics, Summa Cum Laude, 2008 – Univ. Fed. do Rio Grande do Sul
Honors and Awards
- Winner of the best thesis award from the Kavli Energy NanoScience Institute at UC Berkeley
- Winner of the graduate student-postdoc team competition at the DOE EFRC-Hub-CMS meeting (2017).
- Graduated with highest academic honors (2007).
- Winner of the XIX UFRGS Youth Researcher Award in the area of Exact and Earth Sciences (2007).
Invited Talks and Lectures
- Co-organizer and lecturer at the annual BerkeleyGW Workshop. Berkeley, CA (2013 – ).
- Invited speaker at the APS March Meeting. Boston, MA (2019).
- Invited speaker at the Electronic Structure (ES) / Penn Conference in Theoretical Chemistry (PCTC) (2018).
- Selected speaker for the DOE Midterm Review of the Center for Computational Study of Excited-State Phenomena in Energy Materials (C2SEPEM). Gaithersburg, MD (2018).
- Co-organizer and invited lecturer at the annual BerkeleyGW Workshop, Berkeley, CA (2013-2018).
- Guest lecturer at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI), Berkeley, CA (2016).
- Invited speaker at the APS meeting, San Antonio, TX (2015).
- Invited Instructor for the BerkeleyGW school in the Benasque 2014 – Time-Dependent Density-Functional Theory: Prospects and Applications 6th International Workshop and School, Benasque, Spain (2014).