Welcome to year 3
Choose from one of the sections below or scroll down for more information.
Our Year 3 teachers are Mrs Coley and Miss Harris.
Our teaching assistants are Miss Sutton, Miss Suthi and Miss Adams.
- Counting, reading, writing and ordering numbers
- Recognising the value of each digit in a 3 digit number
- Finding 10 or 100 more or less than a given number
- Adding and subtracting mentally
- Column addition and subtraction
- Recalling multiplication and division facts for 3x, 4x and 8x tables
- Solving word problems
- Presenting information in bar charts.
- Solving ‘How many more?’ and ‘How many fewer?’ questions using information in bar charts.
- Properties of 2D and 3D shapes
- Angles – identifying whether angles are greater than or less than a right angle.
In English, we will be studying texts that are linked to our topic, Italian Adventure. This will include exciting stories such as Romulus and Remus and Escape from Pompeii. In addition, we will also be writing factual reports on Ancient Rome, and modern day Italy.
Our topic this term is Italian Adventure. We will begin learning about Ancient Italy and The Romans, where we will look at what life was like in those times, alongside important characters and events. We will then move on to learning about modern day Italy, and how elements of ancient times are still evident today.
In science, we will start by learning about Forces and Magnets. Then, in the second part of the Autumn Term, we will be looking at Animals Including Humans.
In Art, we will begin by focusing on our sketching techniques so that we can eventually sketch a Roman solider. We will also be studying different Italian artists such as Vincent Van Gough, creating our own versions of their work.
Our topic in Religious Education will be Holy Books where we will be mostly learning about The Bible and The Qur'an. We will learn that the Bible is important to Christians for guidance and teaching. We will listen to important stories and look at how the books are treated and respected. We will be using religious words to describe the use and significance of holy writings. Children will be able to bring in their own special books and links will be made between them and holy books.
Multi-skills on Tuesdays
Basketball on Thursdays