The Bedford School District utilizes the School Messenger Notification Service to enhance parental communication. This service allows us to send a voice, email and/or text messages to ALL of our students' parents within minutes, if an emergency occurs at a school. The School Messenger service also assists the schools in reducing the resources needed to pass along key information regarding school events or reminders. The intent of this system is for group notification purposes. Customary and usual procedures for individual parent notification will continue as normal. The district will use School Messenger for:
- School cancellations and delays due to inclement weather
- Emergency notification such as evacuations
- Early dismissals due to severe weather/emergencies
- Transportation messages or emergencies
- Other emergency situations as they arise
The district and your child's school may use School Messenger for non-emergency purposes such as:
- Grade level information, i.e. field trip reminders
- Schedule changes for after school events
- Principal's notes/emails and updates (email only)
The ability to deliver a message is only as successful as the contact information we have for our families, so please make certain we have the most up-to-date direct dial numbers and email addresses. If this information changes, please let your child's school know immediately.
- Your caller ID will display the number 855-344-6323 anytime a call is generated. You can call the phone number back at any time to replay messages sent within the last 30 days.
- School Messenger will leave a message on your voicemail or answering machine.
- School Messenger does not call extensions. If you have a direct dial number at work, you should provide your child's school with the direct dial number not a main number plus an extension.
- School Messenger will only make one phone call per contact number when multiple family members in the same school have the same contact information.
- You may opt into receiving text messages by texting "Yes" to 67587. The cell phone number must be on file at your child's school in order to successfully opt in. Click here for more information on SMS.
In most cases, the primary alert number that you designated during the online registration process will be the only number called. In the event of an emergency, all the numbers associated with your student in PowerSchool will be called. Please remember that the system is computer generated and cannot dial a number with an extension. Please contact the school during the year if any of your phone numbers or email addresses change or log into your PowerSchool Parent account and click the demographic change link to update information. Please contact your child's school if there are phone numbers that you wish to exclude from voice messaging.