The Write Place
Welcome to the Write Place, RPEMS's center for excellence in all types of writing, located in room 305. We offer a variety of services to celebrate and enhance the quality of writing at Roland Park:
- Creative writing workshops for middle school students taught by Johns Hopkins Writing Seminars student interns
- CENTERSTAGE's Young Playwrights Festival playwriting workshop
- Enhanced creative writing curriculum units for grades 3 through 8 (designed and written in partnership with RPEMS teachers)
- Writing support for any RPEMS student who would like it (by appointment)
- Small-group writing enrichment sessions
- Serve as a repository for local and national poetry/essay contests
- If you have any questions about or if you want to volunteer at the Write Place, please contact Phillip Rowland-Seymour (rpems.crc [at] gmail [dot] com).
We are supported by the Roland Park Public Annual Fund, made up of RPEMS parents. Please consider donating to make sure The Write Place and school wide enrichment continue to be available for all students. You can use your debit/credit card at the Annual Fund's website (http://www.rolandparkannualfund.org/). Alternatively, checks (made out to RPEMS) can be dropped into the Annual Fund's mailbox in the school's main office. Your donation is tax deductible.
For those who want to make monthly or quarterly gifts, you can do so at the Annual Fund's website, www.rolandparkannualfund.org. Please inquire if your employer has a matching program, and encourage grandparents and friends to give, too! For further information, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.