Excavating the roots of the tree of life: revealing a billion year fossil record for the euglenids.
A 3 year NERC study of the fossil record of the Euglenids began October 2017. The project, based at The University of Sheffield is headed by Charles Wellman (PI) and includes Co-Investigator Wesley Fraser at Oxford Brookes University, along with Project Partners:
- Pascal-Antoine Christin, The University of Sheffield
- Brian Leander, University of British Columbia
- Paul K Strother, Boston College
- Wilson A Taylor, University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire
- Bas van de Schootbrugge, Utrecht University
Specimens from the holotype section along South Branch of Moyer Creek, near Ilion, NY.