Promotional and Media Materials
Sample Press Release and Style Guide:
Copy and paste this press release template into a document and add information about your local bicentenary plans to share with local news media. (Or click on "File" then "Download As" and save it as a Word document in order to edit it for local use.)
This informative Bahá'í Style Guidelines PDF document can be printed and shared with reporters. It includes a paragraph explaining that Bahá'ís consider it disrespectful to display or publish photographs of Baha'u'llah, which is an important point to make to reporters.
Suggested Logo Design
Light of Unity Festival: Celebrating the 200th Birthday of Bahá'u'lláh
- For High Res jpg files of all three styles of the logo click here
- The Evanston, IL Baha'i community published a booklet listing events happening at the House of Worship and in their community and provided some of the design elements as an assistance to others.
- For a version of the logo best used on web or social media click here
- For a version of the logo best used on printed materials click here
- Logo Pack: Download the full logo pack, with the three distinct versions—Vertical, Horizontal and Short. The vertical logo is the primary design that will likely be used for most applications. It contains the full event description and will therefore require a bit larger size when using it. Both the Horizontal and Short versions are intended for uses with limited space or size.
Display Panels - Bicentenary
These six display panels explain the significance of the Bicentenary and introduce the lives of Baha'u'llah and the Bab. These can be printed locally for use as posters or display panels.
The high res files are sized to work on standard retractable banners. To the right is a low res PDF to view the panels.
Display Panels - General
These display panels are used in the Welcome Center of the Baha'i House of Worship, and provide a general overview of the teachings and history of the Baha'i Faith. Download the high resolution, print-ready files here.
200th Anniversary Graphic Designs:
Baha'i graphic artist, Joe Paczkowski, has made many beautiful designs for the bicentenary available for download on his Pinterest page. (To access high res versions, click on your chosen graphic, then click on "OPEN", then right click on "Save File As...".)
- Baha'is in South Florida have arranged for "The earth is but one country..." billboards to be on display in a number of locations. They are graciously making the high resolution print files available for download in a zip file on our Google Drive: click on arrow to download this zip file. (If you receive a warning that the file is too large for Google to scan, you can download the file anyway.)
- The Baha'is of the United Kingdom have produced a beautiful booklet and made it available as a PDF.
- See more brochures, pamphlets and flyers on our "Written Materials" page.
- Bahá’í Media Bank
- The Life of Bahá'u'lláh: A Photographic Journey
- An individual Baha'i made an extensive slideshow with images from the Life of Baha'u'llah website, which you can copy and edit for your purposes.
- PowerPoint slideshow about Baha'u'llah produced by an individual Baha'i, which you may find useful for your local events (you can copy and edit).
- A visual accompaniment to the 1992 Statement on the Life of Baha'u'llah (See "notes" section of the slides for a suggested script to accompany the presentation. The pages in the script refer to pages from the Statement
Articles about the Twin Birthdays and the Bicentenaries
- April - Oct. 2017 - 200 articles in 200 days for Baha'u'llah's birthday, Michael Curtotti
- Sept. 24, 2017 - "Baha’is Celebrate the 200th Anniversary of the Birth of Bahá’u’lláh", Belize
- Sept. 19, 2017 - "Celebrations for Baha'is all over world", Pakistan
- Sept. 13, 2017 - "Hitting the Baha’i notes", Oregon Coast Today
- Sept. 12, 2017 - "Baha'is of Grand Rapids area mark the 200th anniversary of the Birth of Baha'u'llah..."
- July 11, 2017 - Letter: Area Baha'is plan for bicentenary, Daily Messenger
- June 6, 2017 - "Area members of Baha’i faith prepare for upcoming bicentennial celebration", Kingstree News
- June 1, 2017 - "Bicentenaries highlight unity", Bahá'í World News Service
- May 1, 2017 - "Programs held and planned to raise awareness, touch hearts in advance of bicentenary", The American Baha'i
- Dec. 30, 2016 - "Bahá’ís Prepare for Bicentennial in 2017", Huffington Post
- Nov. 5, 2015 - "Bahá’ís To Celebrate 'Twin Holy Days' For The First Time Worldwide", Huffington Post
Basic Teachings of the Faith
Our friends at 9starmedia.com have put together a wonderful playlist of music for the bicentenary. Use the spreadsheet below and the links provided to access their music.