Scripts, Poems, Dramatic Readings
- WEBSITE with scripts: Twin Anniversaries: A Celebration of the Báb and Bahá'u'lláh (Lots of creative ideas and resources here!)
- "How to Live" by Claudia Rojas
- "Bicentennial Poem" by anonymous author. Listen to an audio recording of the poem
- "Praise the King of Glory: New and Selected Poems" by Duane L. Hermann in honor of Bahá'u'lláh
- PLAY and PODCAST: Download a brief play and an audio podcast by David Hoffman:
- Bicentenary Play - A simple to mount, 10-minute dramatic scene perfect for the Baha’i Bicentenary. It features five youth (or others young at heart) celebrating the Bicentenary and exploring the question… “Who is Baha’u’llah?”. The actors warmly interact with the audience. The scene ends with loving encouragement for audience members to investigate the truth of Baha’u’llah’s claim! Participation in the community’s core activities could be a natural follow up. Feel free to reduce the number of characters to three or four by combining parts. (Let David know if you use the play. His email address can be found at the top of the script.)
- Bicentenary Audio Podcast: The initial pilot recording for the new Baha’i Bicentenary Podcast series now in development. This 12-minute pilot is perfect for the Bicentenary observances or for use in any Baha’i gathering where a dramatic and informative element might add inspiration. ‘The Alexandria Incident’ features a brief introduction of the series and the story of the first Christian in the world to become a Baha’i.