PTO Committees, Programs and Events
- This committee audits the PTO records twice a school year to check for accuracy.
Bulletin Board Coordinator:
- The PTO has a large bulletin board that needs to be updated monthly, highlighting the various activities that the PTO is involved with at the time.
Campbell Soup Labels:
- Campbell’s Label’s For Education are collected by the school community and sent into Campbell’s to purchase items for the school.
Creative Arts Challenge:
- The purpose of this activity is to provide students an opportunity to express their interpretation of a PTO chosen theme thru music, literature, photography and visual arts.
- Students enter their age category: (Pre-K-1st, 2nd-3rd, 4th-5th) and may submit one entry in each category.
- The PTO funds several school assemblies throughout the year to enrich our student’s cultural experiences.
- The PTO provides a snack and drink for each student.
Family Fun Nights:
- These are various evening events that are family oriented.
Field Trip Transportation:
- The PTO pays for the cost of all buses used for Field Trips for grades K-5.
Fifth Grade Promotion:
- This is a special day for our Fifth Graders and the PTO provides a special class t-shirt to each fifth grader.
- This committee works with the PTO vice-president to organize and distribute fundraisers.
General Mills Box Tops:
- Theses are collected by the school community and submitted to General Mills two times a year. The PTO receives a check for the box tops submitted.
- Each homeroom has a homeroom parent that is responsible for planning three (3) classroom parties.
- The homeroom parent delegates responsibility and contacts other parent volunteers for donations of time and/or needed items for the parties.
- The PTO donates a snack and drink for each homeroom party.
Kindergarten Field Days and Grades 1-5 Olympics:
- The PTO provides a snack and drink for each student. We also volunteer our time to help with field days and Olympics.
- The PTO collects food items before the holidays and donates them to the Blairsville & Burrell Food Banks.
PTO Free Book Giveaway:
- We have three (3) days per school year during which each student chooses one free book of their choice each time.
- Students have the opportunity to do Christmas shopping for family, friends and even pets! Gifts are put into holiday bags and tagged. Each student is given a $1.00 to spend on a present.
- The purpose of this activity is to encourage students to explore the endless possibilities of science and to prepare a display centered on one subject. All students will receive participation awards.
Share the Joy:
- The PTO collects money to help area families during the holidays.
- The PTO shows our appreciation to the teachers and to the support staff for all of their hard work and dedication, including hosting a luncheon.
- The coordinator works with Herff Jones to design the yearbook and takes photos of various events throughout the school year.