Eastside HS CSF Membership Requirements
Motto: Scholarship for Service
Purpose: The purpose of our club is to help students strive for academic excellence and provide service to our community.
Requirements to be part of CSF
A. To qualify for CSF membership this semester, follow these guidelines:
1. You must earn a minimum of 10 points from last semester's grades.
a. The first 4 pointsmust be from LIST I (unless you are a senior applying for membership in February or June).
b. The first 7 points(including the four points described in a ) must be from LISTS I and II.
c. The remaining points may come from any LIST (I, II or III).
2. You must use no more than 5 coursesto qualify.
3. No CSF points are given for physical education, courses taken in lieu of physical education, subjects repeated to improve a grade, courses involving clerking and office/teaching assisting, and courses taken on a pass/fail basis.
4. CSF points are granted as follows:
a grade of A = 3 CSF points
a grade of B = 1 CSF point
One additional point shall be granted for a grade of A or B in an AP, IB, or Honors course, up to a maximum of two such points per semester.
a grade of C = 0 CSF points
a grade of D or F in any course, even in one you cannot use to qualify, disqualifies you from membership at this time.
B. Also remember:
1. Semester membership is based on work done in the previous semester. (Under very limited circumstances summer school may also be used; you should check with your adviser before listing any summer school work.)
2. You must reapply each semester. ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY THE 4TH FRIDAY OF THE SEMESTER.