On this page, you will find a compilation of information for attendees which we hope will be useful as you plan for this year's conference. If you have additional questions, please send a note to email@example.com.
What to Bring
- Reusable drinkware
- Instrument, if you'd like to participate in the Conference Band (see below)
- Cash or checkbook for making donations or buying things from exhibitors and our music supplier.
- An item for the altar (see below)
- Device for viewing digital conference materials IF you indicated that you would be bringing your own and are NOT having AUUMM rent an iPad for you.
- Snacks, if you need something to tide you over during the day
- Items for Music Swap
On July 3, you should have a received a letter with links to our Code of Professional Practices, Accountability Procedure and names of leaders who can be contacted if issues arise. A copy of that letter is on our site for your reference: https://sites.google.com/auumm.org/auumm2019/letter
A rough draft of the conference schedule can be found here: http://bit.ly/2LiONdY Please note that it is subject to change. Registration begins at 3:00pm at the conference hotel, Embassy Suites Tech Center North. It will close from 7:00 - 8:30pm for the Opening Celebration and then reopen from 8:30 - 9:30pm during the Dessert Reception.
The AUUMM Board will welcome first-time attendees - and anyone who feels "new" - at a gathering at the hotel on Wednesday, July 24, 6:00-6:45pm.
Notes regarding the Conference Hotel:
1) If you are rooming with one or more people at the Conference Hotel, be sure to give the hotel all the names of those in the room. Otherwise ONLY the person who's name is on the reservation will get a key.
2) Transportation to and from the church each day is provided for Conference Hotel guests ONLY. If you are staying elsewhere you will have to arrange your own transportation to and from the church.
3) Breakfast and manager's reception at the Hotel each night are for Conference Hotel guests ONLY. Those not staying at the hotel will not have access to these hotel guest perks.
Bring An Item for the Altar
When we are together for our annual conference, it is not just us who are present. We bring with us all of those who have shaped us into the beautiful beings we currently are. To honor this, we ask that you bring with you a picture/object/etc that represents someone who has inspired you to become the person you are. We will have an element within the Opening Celebration where we create an altar with these objects and then have that altar present throughout our time together. You will be able to take your item home after the Sunday morning service (or before if you are leaving earlier). Please be mindful that your object will be left unattended on our church's dais during our time together and that AUUMM is not responsible for lost items. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact John Hubert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Choir and Band
Typically, our conference attendees rehearse as a Choir which provides the music for the Sunday service. This year, we are trying a different approach. All attendees are invited to be part of choir OR band that rehearses with our clinician, Mark Miller. Instrumentalists are encouraged to bring their instruments with them.
Thursday, July 25 and Friday, July 26 • 1:00 PM
Again this year, conference attendees will have a chance to share their talents at recitals held after lunch. Sign up is available onllne: https://forms.gle/5n8xa7T4MwJdC6Zd7 Note that we have only two recital dates this year, so space will be limited.
Variety Show and Dance Party
Friday, Aug. 3, 8 - 11pm at the hotel
We work hard all year! Now it's time to shake it off and have some fun! Friday night includes our annual Variety Show followed by a Dance Party. Want to perform in the Variety Show? Sign up for 5-minute performance spot at https://forms.gle/5n8xa7T4MwJdC6Zd7. Space is limited!
Conference Bookstore Vendors
- Keith Arnold - Musical Scores
- Tom Baehr - choral music in .pdf form (hard copy samples)
- Conie Borchardt - Heart Artist offerings including Music that Makes Community, Dances of Universal Peace, and more
- Dave Coldren - Song books based on the seven UU principles
- Vincent Craig - CD Recording
- Clif Hardin - choral music, CDs, piano books
- Liz James - UU Humour supplies
- Sarah Jebian - Not Your Mamas Hymns (aka Unfolding) - a new album of UU hymns by Sarah Jebian & Laura Weiss
- Josh Long - “All God’s children” CD, sheet music for several different pieces.
- Loretta Notareschi - Music scores
- InSpirit (UUA) Bookstore - UU books, CDs, sundries
- Dream Canyon Designs (Denver vendor) - chalice jewelry, stained glass art https://www.etsy.com/shop/DreamCanyonDesigns
- Display of offerings by various members (see info below)
Be sure to bring cash and check options as not all vendors accept credit cards.
Display of Member Offerings
Want to be included in a display of member work and services? See examples here http://bit.ly/2G1DUJq and submit your info for the display by July 16 at https://forms.gle/nFg7CBetjZobVNgz9. You can submit a ready-to-print sheet or you can submit the info and a display item will be created for you.
Thank You Gifts
At this year’s conference, we will be offering some AUUMM-themed thank you gifts for donations we receive at various levels. The gifts include camera privacy guards with screen cleaner, iPad sling holder, 10 oz vacuum tumbler and laptop messenger bag. AUUMM accepts cash, check, credit and Venmo.
We are now in the process of connecting volunteer iPad mentors with those who requested additional help navigating our paperless delivery of materials. Emails regarding this will go out a few weeks in advance of the conference. For further information about the decision to host a paperless conference and answers to questions about its implementation, please visit this page: https://sites.google.com/auumm.org/auumm2019/paperless.
Digital Delivery Test
The week before the conference, you will receive an invitation to access the AUUMM Conference folder which will eventually contain all of the conference materials. Inside, you will find a practice document which you can download and edit on your own device. The document will include instructions and app suggestions for possible use during the conference. If you have signed up to be part of the iPad mentoring program, you will be assigned to your partner at that time.
Food & Beverage
Daily boxed lunches are included in your registration fee. We will do our best to accommodate your dietary needs, however, we cannot guarantee there will be no cross contamination during the preparation process.
We encourage you to provide your own snacks throughout the day, especially if you have food allergies and may need to supplement your lunches.
Do you have repertoire in your files that no longer works for your ensembles for one reason or another? Bring it to the conference and leave it on the Music Swap table for others to take back to their music libraries. Any music still on the table at 5PM on Saturday will be recycled.
As you’ll see in the photos on our conference site, everyone dresses comfortably and casually for most of the sessions. On Sunday, many choose to dress up a little more for the worship service. But beyond that, there is no specific clothing requirement for the choir or any other events.
You can always find a current list of other registrants on our conference website: https://sites.google.com/auumm.org/auumm2019/attendees
If you are posting to social media, add the conference hashtag #auumm2019 so that others can easily search for your posts.