Distance Learning Symposium
NOVEMBER 10, 2017
9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M.
As part of activities marking National Distance Learning Week, the Office of Distance and Alternative Learning invites you to a half-day symposium on November 10, 2017.
The symposium will provide learning opportunities for distance learning faculty and staff to:
- Share ideas on application of new and emerging technologies in online and digital learning environments
- Exchange ideas on evidence-based approaches in distance learning
- Discuss success factors and best practices in distance learning and teaching
- Engage with digital learning representatives regarding new tools, products, and services
- Network with ACC faculty and staff
In the Fall semester of her freshman year in college Dr. Gaye Lynn Scott took a required course in American Government. She has been hooked on politics and government ever since, teaching at both public and private four-year universities as well as at Austin Community College (ACC), where she taught Government classes as an adjunct and full-time faculty member for 26 years.
In December 2016 Dr. Scott was named Associate Vice President of Academic Programs at ACC, assuming that new position after 11 years as Dean of Social & Behavioral Sciences. As AVP for Academic Programs Dr. Scott supervises the Liberal Arts, Science, Engineering and Math, developmental education, and Adult Education. Her focus is always on promoting excellence in teaching and learning and supporting programs that contribute to student success. In 2015 Dr. Scott was named Administrator of the Year and a Roueche Excellence Award winner. She is active in her church, a lifelong baseball fan, and an accomplished pianist.
For questions, call 512-223-8032