*Quick Links * Quick Links * Quick Links * Quick Links * Quick Links*
Important Dates to Remember
January 6 - Instruction begins
January 7 - MS/HS boys swim team practice begins (M/W 2:45-4:15)
January 8 - Student of the month awards 11:00
January 9 - Culinary study trip
January 9- MS Play Auditions
January 10- Play Cast Posted
January 15 - Parent University
January 23- Merit Celebration
January 17-24 - Enrollment for 2019-20 school year for CURRENT students only
January 24 - End of Quarter II
January 27 - Start of Quarter III
January 30 - AUS Drama Class Presents; Arsenic and Old Lace, 6:00 pm in the P.A.C.
January 31 - Teacher In Service Day - No School
February - Enrollment for 2019-20 school year - NEW Students gr. 1-12
Feb 3-7 MAP Winter Administration
School Uniform Reminder
Non-AUS Jackets/ Sweaters
- Students may wear a non-AUS jacket/ sweater in the following solid colors only: Navy Blue, Black, White, Burgundy, Grey.
- No patterns, No logos or designs
Karim Eldemerdash Breaks the Record!
Karim has earned 11 Rock Tickets this month. He has broken a Rock Ticket record. Congratulate Karim when you see him. Great job!
MS Play Auditions for The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Auditions for the Sherlock Holmes play will take place beginning this week.
Acting Cast Auditions – Wednesday, January 9 at 2:45 in the MS/HS Music Room
Acting Cast List Posted – Thursday, January 10 at the end of the school day
Backstage Crew Interviews – Wednesday, January 16 at 2:45 in the MS/HS Music Room
Backstage Crew List Posted – Thursday, January 17 at the end of the school day
Audition/Interview Forms can be picked up outside of Ms. Joseph’s, Ms. Pickett’s, and Mr. Jensen’s classrooms starting end of the day Sunday.
Grade 8 Homework Tracker Reminder
All grade 8 students, remember to complete the homework tracker that we discussed in the last Town hall meeting, the document can be found in the Google Classroom.
Dear AUS Parents,
Bucksmore is offering partial scholarships of 10% off the course fee for its 2019 summer school. These scholarships are available for students aged 13-18 from Kuwait on its academic enrichment programmes.
Applications are open to both individual students and groups aged 13-18, who are currently students in Kuwait, for a two, three or four week course between 25th June and 13th August 2019.
To apply for the partial scholarship, for a student or group of students, please let us know by responding to this email or calling +44 (0) 208 312 8060.
Quarter 2 Enrichment Classes
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
LEARNING – ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
We believe learning is not confined to a classroom or a campus—it should be available wherever and whenever the learner needs it.
- At AUS we continually demonstrate how to be a caring community of learners— our students, teachers, staff and families are committed to educating the whole child.
- Our school community acknowledges and recognizes the personal, cultural and social value of each individual.
- We believe technology is an integral part of students’ lives, expectations, and the future – this cannot be ignored but rather explored with a deep sense of intellectual inquiry.
- We are dedicated to the future global success for this planet which depends on having a diverse, well-educated workforce.