ARTICLE 21 Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Dates Announced
Applications for the Article 21 Lottery for conferences occurring between August 31, and December 31, 2019, may be submitted to Professional Learning beginning at 7:30 am Monday, August 5, 2019, through 4:30 pm on Thursday, August 15, 2019.*
Please note submissions for the Fall received before Monday, August 5, 2019, will not be accepted and returned to the applicant; Professional Learning cannot "hold" applications.
Late applications cannot be accepted under any circumstances as the lottery drawing for the Fall 2019 Article 21 will take place on August 16, 2019.
Applications for the Article 21 Lottery for conferences occurring between January 1, and June 5, 2020, may be submitted to Professional Learning beginning at 7:30 am Monday, November 18, 2019, through 4:30 pm on Thursday, December 5, 2019.*
Please note submissions for the Spring received before Monday, November 18, 2019, will not be accepted and returned to the applicant; Professional Learning cannot "hold" applications.
Late applications cannot be accepted under any circumstances as the lottery drawing for the Spring 2020 Article 21 will take place on December 6, 2019.
Please deliver original completed applications to Professional Learning at the PLCC, 15771 E. 1st Avenue, Aurora, CO 80011. NO SCANNED OR EMAILED COPIES ACCEPTED.
All necessary documents, guidelines and links can be found below.
- All applicants receive confirmation of received application and notice of Lottery Drawing date.
- All applicants are notified of drawn order.
- Lottery Winners have 48 hours to accept or deny awarded monies.**
- Incomplete application will not be processed in the lottery.
- Conference Advanced checks are no longer issued; Lottery Winners will apply for a Declining Balance PCard with the Division of Finance.
- Per the Master Agreement & Personnel Policies effective July 1, 2015, - June 30, 2020, Article 21 cannot be used for conferences before August 31, 2019, and beyond June 5, 2020.
*Late Submissions are Accepted Under NO Circumstances | **Article 21 Winners are Selected by Randomized Lottery
Congratulations to the following recipients of Spring 2019 Article 21 Monies
- James Jensen | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Claudia Horn | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Sarah Oropeza | Science Institute
- Renee MacKenzie | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Megan Reid | Culturally Responsive Teaching & The Brain
- Maria O. Brotherston | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Christine Aurit | ATiA 2019 Orlando Conference & Exhibition
- Michelle Radecki | Social Thinking Denver Conference
- Nancy Marie Hayden | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Jessica Moser | Culturally Responsive Teaching & The Brain
- Erica Ceyrolles | PEAK Parent Center Conference on Inclusive Education
- Susan Holloway | International Convention and English Language Expo
- Ernest Jones | Culturally Responsive Teaching & The Brain
- Meghan Mallon | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Gwynn Brownell | Social Thinking Denver Conference
- Jessica Sebold | CMEA Clinic/Conference 2019
- Natalie Johnson | Science Institute
- Haley Charlton | American Choral Directors Association Conference
Article 21 Funds
In accordance with Article 21 of the Negotiated Agreement, monies are provided for teachers' professional conference attendance thereby providing impetus for improvement in education through an interchange of ideas and an exposure to new developments. (A regional conference is considered to be any conference held in Colorado; a national conference is any conference outside of Colorado.)
All teachers are highly encouraged to apply for funding. Selection of which conference to attend may be done in collaboration with principals, Instructional Leadership Teams, Department Chairs or content area specialists. A principal’s, site or department administrator’s signature is required for a complete application.
The selection of winners is by lottery. Seventy-five percent of the allocation is reserved for regional conferences; up to twenty five percent is reserved for national conferences.
Complete a packet of the following items.
- Article 21 Application, including a principal’s, site or department administrator’s signature.
- Conference/Travel Request/Advance/Reimbursement Form 1069 (Part A): http://accounting.aurorak12.org/accounting-forms/conferencetravel- requestadvancereimbursement/
- After downloading the form, click the tab at the bottom (“Part A”) to start the request process. This form MUST be saved on your device, and after completed, printed out and signed by both yourself and your principal or supervisor. You will need to indicate the amount of the advance requested as well. Please follow these guidelines for expenses:
a. Fill in (type on) the form and include estimated lodging costs, meal expenses, air fare, ground transportation, parking, baggage fees, gratuity, and/or mileage if driving. If estimating mileage, please choose the current mileage reimbursement rate of 54 cents per mile from the drop down menu on the form.
- Next, supporting documentation for each estimated expense except meals, is required and can be in the form of print-outs from websites including mileage printouts. Please provide all information and expenses for the conference, including materials and registration fees.
- Please note that membership fees will not be paid for.
- Please provide documentation for the conference as well, i.e., a brochure, flyer, web printout, etc.
- Also, applications will be considered incomplete, if documentation for every estimated expense is not provided.
- Please type everything on (Part A), except your signature.
- Be sure to type in the total on the bottom line of (Part A) “Amount Requested”. (This does not include the amount for a sub if needed, only the amount of estimated expenses).
- Again, fill out (Part A) carefully, and completely, including marking the boxes, and providing sub dates, if needed.
- Be sure to sign the form at the bottom and have your principal or supervisor sign it as well in the box “CONFERENCE APPROVAL BY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR”.
b. Reasonable guidelines for meal expenses for regional conferences are: breakfast - $10.00; lunch - $12.00-$15.00; dinner - $20.00-$25.00. National conferences may have higher prices for meals, but are to be within a reasonable range of expense.
c. Do not use estimates that include sharing lodging with another person. The district will only pay single occupancy rate for lodging for each employee.
d. If requesting mileage, be sure to include the mileage for roundtrip as additional funds will not be available and applications are processed as is and will not be altered to include the round trip mileage by Professional Learning.
The application packet must be turned into Brenda Moreno at the PLCC by deadline, in original form with original signatures. (No photocopies, scans or emails will be accepted).