Article 21 (2017-2018) is now closed.
Article 21 (2018-2019) Timeline
Applications for Article 21 Fall 2018: Accepted at the PLCC between August 20th, 2018 through August 31st, 2018 until 4:00 p.m. This deadline is for conferences taking place between September 17th, 2018 through December 31st, 2018.
Applications for Article 21 Spring 2019: Accepted at the PLCC between November 19th, 2018 through December 7th, 2018 until 4:00 p.m. This deadline is for conferences taking place between January 1st, 2019 through May 31st, 2019.
- All applicants receive confirmation of received application and notice of Lottery Drawing date.
- All applicants are notified of drawn order.
- Lottery Winners have 48 hours to accept or deny awarded monies.
- Lottery Winners receive notice of when Advance Check are available
Please send complete application (via district mail or deliver in-person) to Justin Peterson, Site Technician at the PLCC.
*Article 21 Winners are Selected by Lottery | **Late Submissions are Accepted Under NO Circumstances
Professional Learning Department will advertise for these funds in August for the 2018-2019 school year.
Application Guidelines for Article 21 Funds
In accordance with Article 21 of the Negotiated Agreement, monies are provided for licensed professionals to attend conferences, workshops, or seminars. Funds are dispersed twice a year. Winners for fall 2018 will be announced Friday September 7th. Winners for spring 2019 will be announced Friday December 14th. Please see Article 21 Fall & Spring Timeline section at the top of page for specifics. Applicants may select regional conferences held in Colorado, or national conferences, which are held outside the state of Colorado.
All licensed professionals are highly encouraged to apply for funding. Selection of which conferences to attend can be made in collaboration with administrators, Instructional Leadership Teams, department chairs, or content area specialists. Licensed personnel may attend one conference per school year funded by Article 21. A principal’s, site or department administrator’s signature is required for a complete application.
The selection of winners is by lottery. Seventy-five percent of the allocation is reserved for regional conferences; the remaining 25% is reserved for national conferences.
Please make sure to review all information. As an additional tool, please view the webcast for instructions.
A reminder that applications or inquiries are now directed to Justin Peterson in Professional Learning:
Complete a packet of the following items.
- Article 21 Application, including a principal’s, site or department administrator’s signature. 2018-2019 application not yet available. Please check back for application link.
- Conference/Travel Request/Advance/Reimbursement Form 1069 (Part A): http://accounting.aurorak12.org/accounting-forms/conferencetravel- requestadvancereimbursement/
- After downloading the form, click the tab at the bottom (“Part A”) to start the request process. This form MUST be saved on your device, and after completed, printed out and signed by both yourself and your principal or supervisor. You will need to indicate the amount of the advance requested as well. Please follow these guidelines for expenses:
a. Fill in (type on) the form and include estimated lodging costs, meal expenses, air fare, ground transportation, parking, baggage fees, gratuity, and/or mileage if driving. If estimating mileage, please choose the current mileage reimbursement rate of 54 cents per mile from the drop down menu on the form.
- Next, supporting documentation for each estimated expense except meals, is required and can be in the form of print-outs from websites including mileage printouts. Please provide all information and expenses for the conference, including materials and registration fees.
- Please note that membership fees will not be paid for.
- Please provide documentation for the conference as well, i.e., a brochure, flyer, web printout, etc.
- Also, applications will be considered incomplete, if documentation for every estimated expense is not provided.
- Please type everything on (Part A), except your signature.
- Be sure to type in the total on the bottom line of (Part A) “Amount Requested”. (This does not include the amount for a sub if needed, only the amount of estimated expenses).
- Again, fill out (Part A) carefully, and completely, including marking the boxes, and providing sub dates, if needed.
- Be sure to sign the form at the bottom and have your principal or supervisor sign it as well in the box “CONFERENCE APPROVAL BY IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR”.
b. Reasonable guidelines for meal expenses for regional conferences are: breakfast - $10.00; lunch - $12.00-$15.00; dinner - $20.00-$25.00. National conferences may have higher prices for meals, but are to be within a reasonable range of expense.
c. Do not use estimates that include sharing lodging with another person. The district will only pay single occupancy rate for lodging for each employee.
d. If requesting mileage, be sure to include the mileage for roundtrip as additional funds will not be available and applications are processed as is and will not be altered to include the round trip mileage by Professional Learning.
The application packet must be turned into Justin Peterson at the PLCC, in original form with original signatures. (No photocopies, scans or emails will be accepted).
Should you have any questions regarding the Article 21 process, please direct your inquiries to:
*Late Submissions are Accepted Under NO Circumstances