Professional Learning and Support
We endeavor to provide sessions, structures, and supports that meet a diverse set of needs across our Learning Communities and in our schools. We base our supports on a model of Centralize, Localized, and Personalized Professional Learning outlined below:
Our Current Support is focused upon:
- Planning, Co-teaching, and Coaching with teachers and school leaders for increasing learner agency.
- Professional Learning development and facilitation that builds capacity in teachers and school leaders according to our team purpose.
- Support for Learning Community and Support Team members based upon shared priorities and capacity building for Personalized Learning.
- Support all schools (regardless of learning community) with Lead Learner areas:
- Personalization with G Suite for Education
- Adult Personalization and Micro-credentials
- Visible Learning Portfolios
- From1to1 Implementations (Blended Learning practices, processes, and procedures and designing for specific needs for unique schools and learners)
- PBL-Project Based Learning
- Digital Citizenship and Data Privacy
Shifting Support (what we have done in the past, and are seeking to shift)
- Create Systems/Sites/Spreadsheets that create/continue dependance upon the Personalized Learning team:
- Rather, we will only perform these functions when they create/continue capacity building at the school site or across the district for further impact.
- Break/Fix with Classroom equipment:
- This is handled brilliantly by our Help Desk Team and Embedded Site Techs
- MDM and Google Admin Console Implementation and Management:
- IT and a Google Council made up of cross-functional team to support better rollout of G Suite for Education
- Tech Skills Professional Learning that are outside of the Team Purpose Scope and Lead Learner responsibilities:
- We recommend: Online Resources and PD Courses
Two overriding concepts for our supports:
- All Team Members have the personal autonomy to determine alignment with the purpose of the team
- What a team member learns through the support, that learning must be shared