Gifted & Talented Leaders
Responsibilities of GT Leaders in Schools
CogAT Score Sheet - When scoring the CogAT, this score sheet can help you organize all of the data!
- Click the link above to take you to the Forms page with all of the letters for nomination, identification, and observation scales.
- GT Identification Form Video (IC How To)- This video will show you where and how to fill out the form when you are conducting an identification meeting
Second and Seventh graders in APS are screened for gifted and talented identification with the Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT) screener online.
- Assessment window is October 1- November 16, 2018
- CogAT Directions for Online Administration- 2nd Grade 7th Grade
- CogAT training slides
- CogAT proctor helpsheet
- APS Department of Assessment & Research - visit this department's page for more specifics and the administration of the assessment for the Universal Screening
Determination Letters- Here are letters to send home to families to inform them of testing and identification results.
Torrance Creativity Results Letter for Parents- This letter can be sent home to students who have taken the Torrance Test for Creative Thinking to explain the assessment and report scores.
Musical Aptitude Profile Results Letter for Parents - This letter notifies parents of the results of the Musical Aptitude Profile or MAP.
Psychomotor Results Letter for Parents - This letter notifies parents of the results of the juried performance assessment and portfolio.
Visual Arts Results Letter for Parents - This letter notifies parents of the results of the juried performance assessment and portfolio review.
Advanced Learning Plan Supports
ALPs in Infinite Campus Training Videos:
Writing an ALP Help Sheet- Pictures and text will walk you through step-by-step to help you complete an outstanding ALP.
ALP Template for Infinite Campus - This template will help you create the ALP with many programming and social-emotional options to help guide your planning.
ALP Classroom Teacher Goal Setting - Give this to classroom teachers before the ALP meeting so they can brainstorm goals and come prepared to the meeting.
ALP Cover Letter- Use this letter when sending ALP draft home to parents to help them understand the document.
Student ALP Proposal- This is a form to help students identify their own goals for their ALP by getting support from a teacher contact and parent(s)/guardian(s).
Infinite Campus Supports
How to View an ALP- Want to view the ALP easily? This video is for school staff or GT Leaders for easy access.
Entering CogAT scores- Watch this video to know where and how to enter CogAT scores.
Pulling a list of GT or HP students- This video shows you step-by-step of how to pull a query for your school.
Progress Monitoring- Not sure how to enter updates about a student's ALP goal? This video will make it clear.
GT Initiation Form in IC - This video will show you where and how to fill out the form when you are conducting an identification meeting
GIFTED AND TALENTED LEADERS IN SCHOOLS:
- All Advanced Learning Plans (ALPs) will now be written in Infinite Campus (IC), not in Enrich. Please review the videos above under "Advanced Learning Plan Supports" to familiarize yourself (or refresh your memory) with this process. ALSO, WHEN CREATING ACADEMIC GOALS, BE SURE AND NOTE THE ACADEMIC STANDARD THAT IS CONNECTED TO THAT GOAL. There isn't a drop-down menu of Standards in IC so you'll need to have grade level Standards handy when writing these goals.
If you prefer to print out a how-to sheet to use while writing ALPs, use the documents below.