Teachers and Principals
- Cognitive Abilities Test (CogAT)
- Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test (NNAT)
- Scales for Identifying Gifted Students (SIGS)
- Torrance Test of Creative Thinking (TTCT)
- Music Aptitude Profile (MAP)
- Differentiated Ability Scale (DAS) (for Early Access)
- Juries for Identification in Talent Areas (performance assessment and portfolio review)
Twice-exceptional students are those who are identified as gifted AND are identified with a state/federal qualified disability that qualifies them for either an IEP or a 504 plan.
Organizations & Resources
- Colorado Association for Gifted and Talented (CAGT)
- National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of Gifted Children (SENG)
- Hoagies Gifted Education Page
- Byrdseed- Byrdseed is all about better understanding our gifted learners. Stick around and you’ll learn how to differentiate lessons, teach across the content areas, and appreciate gifted kids’ unique social and emotional needs.
Advanced Learning Plans
Advanced Learning Plans are housed in Enrich. ALP goals are aligned with Standards and strength based. Goal writing is a collaborative effort among student, parents, and teachers. ALPs are living documents that reflect current student needs. Students are encouraged to align their ICAP and ALP goals. However, ALP goals must be entered into Enrich in order to count in district percentages. Both academic and affective goals are found in an ALP. ALPs are updated annually.