Other Parent Resourc es
Supporting My Gifted Child
- Your Gifted Child - article that provides tips for at school and at home
- Advocacy- Working with Your Child's School - article that provides numerous strategies on how to advocate for your gifted student
- Some Dos and Don't For Raising Your Gifted Kids - helpful tips to help find a happy middle ground
- 20 Questions Parents Should Ask Teachers - substantive questions to help build a connection between schools and families
Social and Emotional Support of Gifted Children
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG) - organization with the programs, resources, and opportunities to get involved
- 10 Social & Emotional Needs of the Gifted - a few insights about what gifted students may be thinking and some further reading to support these needs
- Asynchronous Development - gifted children often have significant variations within themselves and develop unevenly across cognitive, emotional, and physical domains
Mensa, the High IQ Society
Mensa, the high IQ society, provides a forum for intellectual exchange among its members. There are members in more than 100 countries around the world.
Activities include the exchange of ideas through lectures, discussions, journals, special-interest groups, and local, regional, national and international gatherings; the investigations of members' opinions and attitudes; and assistance to researchers, inside and outside Mensa, in projects dealing with intelligence or Mensa.