Standard 5/6/7 Materials
Standard 5 (Revised Teacher Rubric Pilot) Standard 6 State Requirements for Specialized Service Professionals (SSPs), Standard 7 for Principals & APs
The Colorado Great Teacher and Leaders Act (SB 10-191) SB 10-191 requires that 50% of an educator’s evaluation be based on educator impact on student learning/outcomes in relation to the Colorado Academic Standards/educator's job role and responsibilities.
TEACHERS: The basic requirements in the State Board of Education Rules for Teachers (including TOSAs):
- Individual Attribution- at least one measure of student learning (growth) singularly attributable to an individual teacher.
- Collective Attribution- at least one measure of student learning (growth) attributed to more than one teacher.
- Statewide Summative Assessments Results when available.
- Results from the Colorado Growth Model, when available.
SPECIALIZED SERVICE PROFESSIONALS: The requirements for Specialized Services Professionals (SSPs) include:
- Multiple Measures- more than one measure attributable to an SSP.
- Student Outcome Measures- at least two measures of student outcomes attributed to an SSP. CDE has developed some suggested measures of student outcomes for SSPs.
PRINCIPALS & ASSISTANT PRINCIPALS: The requirements for Principals & APs include:
- School Performance Framework- Statewide summative assessment results and results from the Colorado Growth model, when available
- Measure of Student Academic Growth- consistent with the measures of student learning used in the evaluation of teachers.
For questions about the teacher evaluation or principal/assistant principal evaluation processes or support with Measures of Student Growth/Outcomes contact: Erin Brophy-Lindo, Director of Educator Effectiveness-HR at email@example.com
For professional learning & calibration support for the Quality Standards for educator effectiveness from the Division of Equity in Learning contact: Shawn Graziani, Director of Educator Development- Equity in Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.