Columbia Middle School
August 2018: Your student should have brought home a Parent Letter. Here is the link:
Who We Are
The 6th grade team would like to welcome you as we begin our school year together. Columbia focuses on the PRIDE philosophy which encourages students to show Perseverance, Respect, Integrity, Dedication, and Engagement in all they do.
- PERSEVERANCE: Showing continued effort despite challenges
- RESPECT: Treating others and my environment in a positive way
- INTEGRITY: Doing what is right even when no one is looking
- DEDICATION: Seeing a commitment through to the end
- ENGAGEMENT: Doing my best every day
Our third period has 25 extra minutes built into it. We will be using this time as Cougar Achievement Time (CAT) in order to further support the development of our students.
This time occurs daily from 12:21-12:46
- Monday: Silent Reading
- Tuesday: Social-Emotional Learning
- Wednesday: Silent Reading
- Thursday: Team Building Day
- Friday: Enrichment