Our Auroa School values are:
Trust and Honesty
As a school we believe:
· These values are not only school based but are also transferable to the wider community allowing our students to become active contributors
· That the provision of visual cues and a system for reinforcing the values will encourage and enhance the ethos of the school
· That values may also be interpreted as rights: all members of the learning community have the right to be treated with caring.
· In promoting self-belief, valuing cultural diversity, accepting differences and celebrating success.
How Auroa School encourages, models and explores these values:
· Video clips to demonstrate and inspire thinking about it.
· Focus at assembly
· Class rules based around values
· Pukeko will be on signs, on walls etc. to promote values.
· Piri’s pick for instead of Gotcha’s—values –specify which one and why
· Skits and role plays—puppet plays—to demonstrate value—each class to take a turn
· Unit plans make reference to values