Welcome to the Inman Middle School Choral Department! My ultimate goal during your child’s choral experience is the development of the child both musically and personally for the lifelong pursuit and enjoyment of music. We will focus on the importance of correct vocal technique, listening skills, sight-singing, performance skills, responsible rehearsal habits, and the value of collaboration. I have high expectations of my students and I promise to provide a stimulating and nurturing learning environment.
- Expand musical opportunities and experiences for students
- Improve individual student ability and success
- Increase participation in the choral program
- Increase community involvement with the choral program
Chorus Rules & Expectations
- We promise to treat everyone with kindness and respect.
- We promise to never talk during rehearsal and expecially when Mrs. Hill is talking.
- Will will not eat, drink, or CHEW GUM in Mrs. Hill's classroom.
- We will not damage the music or any other supplies and items in Mrs. Hill's classroom.
- We know that cell phones and electronic devices are not allowed and will be taken up if we have them out in class.
- We know that we must sit in our assigned seats.
- We know that the IMS rules also apply in Mrs. Hill's class and we know there are consequences for our wrong actions and bad decisions.
- Sing and participate each day to the best of your ability.
- Arive to class on time.
- Enter and exit the room quietly.
- Come to class eager to learn something new.
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Arrive to concerts and performances on time.
- Students know that concert attire must be uniform in order to perform.
- We will strive to maintain a positive attitude in Mrs. Hill's class!
- 1st Offense: Warning
- 2nd Offense: Lunch Detention/ Phone Call Home
- 3rd Offense: After School Detention/ Phone Call Home
- 4th Offense: Student Behavioral Referral
(Failure to attend Detention will also result in an office referral.)
Required Classroom Materials
· 2 Pencils
· Notebook Paper
The student’s grade will be determined by the following:
40% - Performances ( Fall Music Festival, Winter & Spring Concerts)
30% - Daily Participation
20% - Classwork Assignments
10% - Quizzes
Attendance and participation in performances throughout the year are mandatory and do count as 40% of your child's grade. Students and parents can visit the calendar page for this year's events and information.