The Jarul Book Award honours Indian Picture Books for Children in India.
Venue: American School of Bombay, Mumbai
Time: 5:00 - 6:30 pm
Invitees will be sent only to the participating schools
Nominated Titles for the Jarul Book Award 2019-20 are:
The Jarul Book Committee comprises of students who will review the selection of books mentioned below. The committee will vote and nominate three books based on the above criteria. The three nominated titles will be voted upon by the participating schools from September to 24th December 2019. The final Jarul Book Award will be announced on 17th January 2020. All participating students and schools will be invited.
- The Boy Who Asked Why by Sowmya Rajendran; Pictures by Satwik Gade. Tulika (2015)
- The Dragon’s Toothache by Annie Besant & Rayika Sen. Karadi Tales (2016)
- The Good Indian Child’s Guide to Eating Mangoes! By Natasha Sharma illustrated by Shreya Sen. Harper Collins, India (2018)
- The Insect Boy by Shobha Viswanath, illustrated by Monami Roy. Karadi Tales (2018)
- The Manic Panic by Richa Jha; illustrated by Mithila Ananth. Pickle Yolk Books (2018)
- There’s a Monster Under My Bed and other Terrible Terrors by Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, illustrated by Snigdha Rao. Puffin, Penguin Random House, India (2019)
- Neel on Wheels by Lavanya Karthik; illustrated by Habib Ali. Duckbill (2018)
- Red by Sagar Kolwankar. Tulika (2018)
- A Tree Named Ganga by Vikas Khanna; Illustrated by Lok Muthu. Bloomsbury India (2018)
- The Unboy Boy by Richa Jha; Illustrated by Gautam Benegal. Snuggle with Picture Books. (2013)