Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning
Advanced Skill Development Centers
The fast evolving world of technology is disrupting work places like never before. Fourth generation industry is already here and is placing heavy demand upon the education system. Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Block Chains, Virtual Reality and Cloud based computing have already become a norm in the industry rather than an exception. There is an urgent need for the technical education system to prepare its graduates for the future industry that demand new skill sets and competencies.
ASAP has started an initiative to cover the skill gap of Engineering graduates through Advanced Skill Development Center. ASDC acquaints with various futuristic courses like Artificial Intelligence, Machine learning, Data analytics etc. Artificial Intelligence is the development of computer systems that are able to perform tasks that would require human intelligence. Machine learning is an application of Artificial Intelligence that gives machines the ability to learn and improve without the help of humans or new programming. Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning (AIM) is an emerging area of great interest nowadays. This gives rise to an open opportunity for the engineering students, graduates and working professionals of Kerala. It may be achieved by providing AI & ML specific courses to them.
The goal of ASAP is to make Kerala an AI hub through ASDC by skilling 2000 trainees over a period of 3 years. ASAP has collaborated with IIT Madras, IIT Palakkad and College of Engineering Trivandrum to develop the curriculum for AI & ML.
DURATION : 600 HOURS (200 hrs / term)
The course has three terms (4 months each), having theory and practical simultaneously.
Term I ( 4 months )
- ML 101 : Mathematical Foundation for Machine Learning
- ML 102 : Mathematical Foundation for Machine Learning Laboratory
- ML 103 : Introduction to machine Learning
- ML 104 : Introduction to machine Learning Laboratory
Term II ( 4 months )
- ML 105: Probabilistic and Statistical Methods for Learning
- ML 106 : Probabilistic and Statistical Methods for Learning Laboratory
- ML 107 : Deep Learning
- ML 108 : Deep Learning Laboratory
- Term III (4 months )
- ML 100 : Reinforcement Learning
- ML 110 : Project
After the project presentation ASAP will provide Internship assistance to the students.
- Ongoing students 60% in Maths till 2nd year
- Bachelor's/Master's degrees in Engineering/Maths/ Computer Science/Statistics/ Economics/Science with a minimum of 60% marks in graduation.
- Programming skills
- Maximum age limit 25 years
- Candidates are expected to fill out an application form
- The selection of the ongoing students are in accordance with their marks scored in Mathematics and in resultant of screening test.
- Selection of Graduates and working professionals in accordance with Screening test and an aptitude test (Maths)