Thank you for visiting the NEXT: School of the Art Institute of Chicago Strategic Plan website. You can read the entire plan, including its seven initiatives, here.
During the 2018–19 academic year, seven action groups, each comprised of full- and part-time faculty, staff, and students, were formed to work on each of the seven initiatives of NEXT. Those initiatives are:
- Increase Affordability and Value
- Enhance Belonging
- Continue to Cultivate Diversity and Inclusion
- Reimagine Our Time to Reinvigorate Learning
- Facilitate New Forms of Interdisciplinarity
- Support All Faculty in Teaching and Learning
- Build Continuity Towards Life After Art School
Each group recommended actionable items to help the School reach our goals. A steering committee comprised of action group co-chairs and other faculty representatives have been prioritizing those recommendations into an implementation plan, which will be realized in the 2019–20 academic year and beyond. In October 2019, the campus community will be updated on the approved initiatives and implementation plans, and this website will be updated to reflect these plans.
Using the navigation bar on the left, you will find a feedback form to share any questions or comments you may have about the strategic planning process.