Lovington Grade School Library
I am sure you are all excited for summer break, as I am too! Be sure to take some time out of your busy summer vacation, to read/or have your child read to you.
Try these books to start:
- (K-2) Fly Guys Big Family by: Tedd Arnold
- (K-2) The Word Collector by: Peter Reynolds
- (K-2) The Gruffalo by: Axel Scheffler & Julia Donaldson
- (K-2) The Owl Diaries by: Rebecca Elliott
- (3-5) I Survived Series by: Lauren Tarshis
- (3-5) The Quest of the Cubs by: Kathryn Lasky
- (3-5) Wonder by: R.J. Palacio
- (3-5) Swing It, Sunny by: Matthew & Jennifer Holm
- (6-8) Echo by: Pam Munoz Ryan
- (6-8) Refugee by: Alan Gratz
- (6-8) War Horse by: Michael Morpurgo
- (6-8) This Is Just A Test by: Madelyn Rosenberg & Wendy Wan-Long Shang
We had an amazing Scholastic Book Fair turnout.
With over $3,400.00 raised, we earned $2000.00 to use for our own library.
A big thank you to our LGS families, staff, and donators.
New things are happening in the library this year!
What does your digital footprint really say about you? Take an online digital citizenship quiz!
*Think twice before hitting "enter."
*It is a fact that every click, every word typed, every website you visit is recorded..somewhere.
*Always keep in mind that once information has been posted online, it can be almost impossible to remove because of archiving, and file sharing.
T- Is it TRUE?
H- Is it HELPFUL?
I- Is it INSPIRING?
N- Is it NECESSARY?
K- is it KIND?
This website has educational games for kids in the following categories: Math facts, Math games, Language Arts, Science Songs, Animal and Nature Games, Word Games, Art and Music Games, Logic Games, Memory Games, Hand-Eye Coordination Games, Preschool Games, and even typing games!
This is a favorite at LGS.
Keyboard Climber is a fun game to get kids use to the letters on the keyboard.
Starfall and ABC mouse are great websites for beginning typers!
Dance Mat Typing is structured as a series of four levels with three stages for each level. The animated animal teachers take kids through each of the 12 stages, narrating and showing them where to place their fingers on the keyboard, which fingers to use to type particular keys with onscreen cartoon hands. At the end of each stage, there is always a song by the teacher and his or her supporting cast to celebrate the kids' accomplishments!
ATTENTION: Teachers, and students. You can click on the above link and order books to check-out from different libraries. If you have any questions, or need your barcode number for check out purposes, see Mrs. Hood.
Have a fun, and safe summer. see you in August!
~ Mrs. Hood