About our program
Students will have the same lesson day each week, but lesson times rotate. Students are expected to check the schedule, keep track of the time, notify their teacher that they are leaving, and come to their lesson on time. Schedules are posted in the classrooms and on my door. If a lesson needs to be rescheduled, the student should do that at the beginning of the day.
Students are responsible for making up classroom work missed during lessons, and if they are absent on the day of music lessons, they are responsible for talking to their lesson group and making up the lesson work they missed.
If your child needs support, we are happy to help. Please get in touch with us so we can work out a plan together.
Each fall, the instrumental music staff will visit each classroom in grades 3 through 6 so the students may meet the teachers and hear about the program. They’ll receive an enrollment form, which should be filled out clearly and completely, and returned as soon as possible, so that we can schedule lessons, assign instruments, and get started.
- 3rd and 4th grades: violin, viola, cello
- 5th and 6th grades: violin, viola, cello, bass
- 4th grade: flute, clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, trombone
- 5th grade: flute, oboe, clarinet, alto saxophone, trumpet, F horn, trombone, mallet percussion (xylophone)
- 6th grade: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, trumpet, french horn, trombone, baritone, percussion (drums)